Songs I Like

Lol ok, I'm sorry, but i gotta end the love fest for led zep. I'm sure you are aware they have quite literally plagiarized almost everything they made, and in fact actually won a case this week because the song in question was recorded before a copyright law changed it from sheet music to sound (stairway to heaven of all songs). They are at best a good cover band, but the fact that they said they wrote the stuff is complete bullshit. I will give everyone but plant credit tho for being great musicians, plant was a straight up copy of Jim dandy from black oak Arkansas.

She's playing a double bass pedal, which is very very common. She's amazing for her age, I'm definitely not trying to subtract from that, and i don't play drums so she's definitely better than me. I'm not a drummer by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not that hard to get a good roll going with a double bass pedal or to do triplets (keeping it going is another thing entirely lol). I grew up playing Metallica and the like, and double bass is very very prevalent in that style of metal. There's newer black metal bands that smoke Metallica, but not really my scene. I think the fastest out there is up around 220 to 240 beats per min, which is completely mindboggling and incredibly hard to replicate (read: bordering on impossible). That's 3 to 4 per second, sustained.

Here's a drum cover of Dyer's eve by Metallica, kind of an extreme example, but shows what I'm saying. They seldom play this live, and you will see why :lol: Lars basically is going all out at 194 bpm for most of the song, with triplets (John Bonham used triplets so much they call them Bonham triplets) mixed in for rest periods lol. Insanity starts at about 1.15.

That Metallica is very cool, no doubt. Amazing even. But hey now, let's slow your roll there, Zep is in a class all by it's lonesome. That class would be know as Epically Awesome. Definers of an Era.

Anyway, I'm mainly here to point out the obvious that the girl is using a single base, not double. Or are you saying there is something special or tricky about the pedal itself? Gawd please don't reveal you are an expert on music minutia as well... :P :lol:

hmmm....listened to three minutes worth waiting for the singing to start just to find out it was only a tune....:P

115413701.jpg

With very few exceptions, I prefer instrumental music. Even when there's vocals, I listen from a musical perspective, listening to the voice as another instrument, without much care to what they're actually saying. One of the exceptions is Bob Dylan. I haven't listened much in recent years, but I paid attention to what he said. One of my favorites...

Now I'm going through my Dylan collection...

Love the organ in this. I wish the Hammond B3 would make a comeback.

Back