Something stupid I’m missing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had no idea that the choke effected fuel flow (as evidenced in previous comments) and believed it simply restricted air flow. The explanations of “less air, more fuel” make sense. Thank you.

Apparently the use of the decompression valve made it even harder to start by restricting the amount of fuel entering.

I hope that was the first AND last time it runs out of fuel. If not, at least there’s a plan to restart.

When you run a 2 stroke out of mix there's two areas vulnerable. The crank and rod bearings aren't going to instantly get de-oiled in the few seconds of lean run down but the cylinder wall to piston interface is going to get higher-heated during those seconds and have less lube and the higher heat will tighten the clearance possibly upping the pressure and the chance for a seize. On a well precise fit racing two stroke warm up is important to avoid, at the other end, a cold seize, where the piston temp goes up quicker than the cylinder and hence it expands too much and squeak. Warm up lets the cylinder get up to matching temp before you full fire on the cylinder burn (throttle). I squeaked a dirt bike once right after a rebuild.

Back