Smart Phones

No problems yet, knock on wood.........on second thought maybe not!

i just got an iphone4 and a htc desire android. I think the androids offer far more than the iphone in terms of what they can do.....but they just seem to lack that feeling of quality the iphones do. using the iphone as my primary. also the email on the iphone does seem very good, possibly even better than my blackberry, although i think it depends on what mail server you are using as to how compatible it is with the iphone

hmmmm im not sure theres any huge stand outs between them. if you're a gadget freak the android seems to have a lot more set up choices and the gps system on it seems spot on. i havent looked in to this on the iphone as yet. to be honest, a lot of the features that are on the android are probably on the iphone, but just have to be activated. a lot of the android stuff came ready set up to go.

big thing for me though is the battery life. the iphone will last a day, whereas the android was dead by 3pm the other day

The iphone chews through battery life when you are using streaming video though.

I have the HTC Desire as well, I leave it on the charger whenever I am at home or in the truck and it is less than 50% battery, it is a drawback for sure. Otherwise I think its a great device.

My Droid lasts a couple days. The only thing I've seen that kills the battery right quick is when i use the hotspot feature, but that's to be expected.

True, when I leave my phone overnight on the dresser with no service apps on it loses about 10% in 6-8 hours, during the day if I have bluetooth and wifi on it loses faster, if I have GPS and Heytell on, it KILLS it.

Haven't had an Android phone yet and don't think I ever will. Had a Samsung Blackjack when they first came out and upgraded to the blackjackII when the blackjack finally died after three years. Upgraded to the Jack when I started having problems with the speaker on the BlackjackII. All of them ran Windows Mobile in one flavor or another. Only time the Jack would cause a problem was when I tried to place a certain game to kill time. It would lock up every time. Just recently upgraded to an Iphone3GS and so far I like it. Only think I don't like is it has to be tethered to be an internet connection for my laptop. I'm keeping my Jack around as my backup internet connection for when on the road or if we get another storm down here and the internet goes down.

Never an Android? Hm, I dont need to tether my HTC Desire for internet to my laptop although I can, its got the Wifi hotspot app ;)

Never an Android? Hm, I dont need to tether my HTC Desire for internet to my laptop although I can, its got the Wifi hotspot app ;)

I don't need to do it with my Jack either. The issue is Apple and ATT want to control how people use their phones. If I hadn't been with them for so long and know the truth about Verizons coverage during a storm I would have left for verizon. Verizon however has spotty coverage if a hurricane hits down here. During the aftermath of Ike I had service the entire time with ATT while Everyone on Verizon had hours of no service every day.

Back