Silverado 2500HD Vs 3500 Dually

treebogan

Treehouser
Hello

I am thinking about getting a pickup Truck.We don't have alot of choice here in Norway and I am limited to the above.I would like to carry my Tracked Chipper on the Deck and that weights 1250Kg.I know that would be fine on the back of the Duely but how about on the 2500 Silverado?

I know I could Beef up the Springs in the 2500 but that might still make it unstable on the single rear wheels.

The Duely is a double Cab,but the whole rig is pretty long.Beleive it or not,the Duely is half the price of the 2500.Both have the 6.5 Turbo Diesel Engine and both are 4X4.

Currently I tow the chipper on a double axel trailer,behind a 1990 Suburban 6.2 K2500.I will still keep this Car for a spare and would like to lift the Suspension and generally hack around in it.

IMAG0140.jpg
PB140003.jpg
I have both. The pics are my daily truck. 2005 2500 Silverado 4x4. I love it and it has done a heap of work. I got a 2006 Silverado 3500 with the Allison, not 4x4. It is nice to have a Posi rear end (lol) and this truck I would take over a 3500.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would the 2500 carry 1.2 ton ok? Would it be much fun on single rear Tyres?

The Dually is waaaaaaay up north,its an expensive Plane ride to veiw and 40 hours behind the wheel to bring it home.But its all subjective to the accounts at years end.

I would lean toward the dually and the cab comes in real handy when you have to crew up or get shat out of the rain/snow.
I miss my Dodge, slated for a new engine next year. Not a dually, wish it was, but it has the crew cab.

I also have both. 2500 extended cab 6.0 gasser and the 3500 6.6 quad cab dually diesel with 8 foot bed. Both trucks are 2003. I love my 3500. The Allison tranny rocks. The truck is long but sure is a pleasure to drive when towing.

Back