Silver Maple Removal Vid

• Thread starter Nails
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We had a rigging point picked on the open side, but upon further inspection, deemed it too weak due to a bad section. So we bombed er' all out and took it right above the chipper.

Nice roping work.
It looks like you could have pulled the whole tree over in one piece.
Any reason not to do so?

Yeah, they wanted that stub left. There wasn't room anyway. We had to bomb the leads accurately just to make them fit.

I bet your brother would have finished in four if had tunes like that playing.

How do you like the small Huskys? It's almost wierd to me to see them cutting, I used to have them and they were awful, they would rarely run right

I bet your brother would have finished in four if had tunes like that playing.

He was waiting on us quite a bit, we bombed that side then chipped as we went on the stuff by the house. It seems a good climber is always waiting.

He was on the ground helping at one point and then went back up.

How do you like the small Huskys? It's almost wierd to me to see them cutting, I used to have them and they were awful, they would rarely run right

My brother likes them because he say's he can't fit his hands in my Stihls. He has a Husky and a J-red. I haven't tried them. I know what he's saying, when I have winter gloves on it is tight.

Yeah, they do seem more ergonomic than the 0200. And more power to you if they are running right for you.

It was weird to see a chuck and duck rip those limbs in like that. Mine is an old wayne 16" with a 318 motor. It feeds in slowly. Nothing like what i just saw. On the flip side, it will take 6 inch oak no sweat. I guess i just forgot how fast most of those machines suk the brush in. Now I am jealous and want a fast one!

It was weird to see a chuck and duck rip those limbs in like that. Mine is an old wayne 16" with a 318 motor. It feeds in slowly. Nothing like what i just saw. On the flip side, it will take 6 inch oak no sweat. I guess i just forgot how fast most of those machines suk the brush in. Now I am jealous and want a fast one!

Yup, yup...... The danger factor is high and so is the speed. I don't think you would want a lollygagger running it, might go missing real quick.

Heh I have a 12" wayne and that old bastard sucks things through wicked fast. I beleive it all just depends on how your knives/anvil are set.

I had a Vermeer BC1600 that would rip gloves off your hands like there no tomorrow. With those chuck & duck you learn to re-specked your machinery real quick. I chipped logs that most people would use as firewood. That was a great machine.

Back