Sequoia users

OTGBOSTON

punk in drublic
I noticed form the WCGTG vids that some of you guys are using the suspenders. My questions are did you get the 'top' or the 'croll top' and do you always keep it attached to the saddle or only for SRT?

I think Willie and I were the only ones with the Sequoia. I have the suspenders without the Croll. I have liked suspenders for reason of a lack of a substantial gluteus maximus. If I have to carry a large saw in a tree the suspenders go on. I tried Willie's suspenders(The Brits will like this) on and used the Croll in a couple of ascents. It was cool but I don't SRT enough to merit having it full time on my saddle. Recently I have been using the heck out of Jerry's rope walker Ddrt idea to great success in my medium sized trees.

I think I was wearing a sequoia. I only wear the chest harness set up for the chest box during ascents

FWIW - I girth hitched a sling through the back fitting of the sequoia, and run it split over my shoulders to a carabiner in the top hole of the croll. An extra rap or two on the carabiner takes up the slight slack, and all works well. I've debated about getting the petzl secur, just haven't pulled the trigger.

I'll usually SRT up & switch over to a split tail setup once up in the tree, ditching the sling over the head gets it out of the way.

-mike

Greg, I use the Sequoia SRT with shoulder straps. I went a slightly different route and use the Torse Ascender Strap, $18.50 in Wesspur catalog. It gives enough support to keep the saddle in place, even with the 660. It does require a quick link to attach the rear attachment.

I am sure they are not near as comfortable as the Petzl Top straps but it also might be less restricting because the straps sit close to your neck so there is no interference to upper arm movement.

I am pretty impressed how the Sequoia is wearing. I wouldn't have thought it could take the daily abuse because it seems so lightly designed. I can only guess that part of it is from how tightly it fits the contours of your body. Not a lot of parts hanging out to get snagged on things.

Just some thoughts...

Dave

Missed the humor somehow but I only wear the spenders for SRT. I tried wearing them for awhile but didn't like it. I also hate hanging a saw off that saddle. It has been retired to pruning duty and rec duty

I gave mine to a climber I had trained. It was a little too sporty, wasn't comfortable on big removals. It sucked having anything bigger than a 200 hanging off it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beaker I have a secur thingy collecting dust, its all yours if you want it.

The reason I ask about the top is because I bought the one without the croll but figured out a way to rig it so that the croll sits slightly to the right which keeps it more in line with a pantin...I'll post pics of this later.

I noticed in the latest sherrill catalog that Jared A had a top on that looked like he cut off the sternal ring, which is something I have been contemplating, because the sternal ring sticks out so far it is basically useless to attach an ascender to..

I use my sequoia for pruning work and a buckingham versatile saddle for removals. It does suck hanging a big saw off the petzl saddle.

jp:D

I have no troubles hanging a big saw off my Sequioa, without suspenders.

Sir%20Mix-A-Lot%20-%20Baby%20Got%20Back.jpg

"I use my sequoia for pruning work and a buckingham versatile saddle for removals."

Same here! I did not get the SRT version, and have never worn suspenders in a tree. Would the Petzl secur work?

I've had no problems hanging my 32" MS 460 of my Sequoia. The SRT version cinches up really tight around the waist though, which I like. I keep the whole saddle adjusted snug.

I used to REALLY want suspenders when I was still riding my Weaver Sliding D.

Back