Sell Me On A Second Rope Bridge

lxskllr

Treehouser
Now that I have a rope bridge, that means I can have two rope bridges. I know some people really dig having two. What can it do for me?

Make you invincible, endow you with superpowers and superior intellect.
Oh, and makes work positioning more comfortable, both points of attachment central.

Its like the sound of a train at 4am on the tracks one block over, after a while you get used to it and it fades into the background,
Managing two bridges becomes second nature. I've said somewhere else, my side D's get very little use these days, but so easy to move my lanyard from the second bridge to the D's if that's what's needed, like on a spike removal climb.
Strokes for folks, easy enough to try it with all the different attachment hardware out there now, if a trial doesn't hold up for any kind or improvement in ease or efficiency, ditch it and go back to what works for you. Simple.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not looking good Bermy. 66.6% of respondents hate two bridges :^D

Sounds like I'll have to figure it out myself. See if I get somewhere where I think two bridges would be just the thing. Hell, I could install it in-tree. Wouldn't take up much room in my bag.

One is great. Two is more to think about IMO. Get used to your new saddle and bridge. Get used to inspecting it and learn it's functionality. Develope a climbing technique that works for you and your gear. After you get profficient with what you have, reconsider.
You have just changed into a lot of new gear and ideas. Get good with what ya got. Stay open to new ideas. Watch others use the ideas and learn. Level up accordingly.
I don't do swivels either.

Ouch Stephen :lol:
Its all good, you asked a question, got some answers, but 66.6% of three people isnt much of a focus group, uh oh, its a focus group of four now, the nays have 75% now, :(

I have 2 bridges on my harness and run it through the 1 ring. helps support my weight better and stops the harness digging into my hips when doing long removals or blocking down with the 25" bar on the 461. Can get a pic tomorrow of my setup if you want

Yea, I'd like to see it. Might give some ideas for the future. I haven't been on spikes in the new saddle yet, so I don't know if digging will be a problem, but I suspect not.

2 bridges are very handy when two climb lines are used. It's a different style of climb but more versatile than just a climb line and a lanyard. It's a great setup for the wide spread crowns. 1 climb line or 2, lanyard(s), lanyard(s) on Ds, you can switch at will from one to an other at any time. So useful.

I have just one bridge (actually 2 mounted as one from the factory), but I have a srt type of sadle with a fixed central attachement point on the belt. So, each climb line has its own kind of attachement. I like it better from the point of view of security. The fixed point restrains a little the mobility compared to a second bridge but it's closer to the boddy and I prefer a tighter positionning in some circonstances.
If I get a regular saddle, I'd definitively put a second bridge on it.

I agree with Stephan though, about the learning process. Don't change all at once but bit by bit, capitalizing on what you already know/master to test and be able to appreciate the potential and the downsides of a new gear or technique.

Last edited:
A fixed ring was something I was thinking about. I could have one bridge fully free floating, and a second with a ring captured in a clove hitch. It isn't something I've needed so far, but I can see the potential.

Two seperate bridges, each with a ring.

Two climbing system (2 ropes or 1 rope and one srt 'lanyard').

Rarely used. Great on rare occasion.

Just my two cents. If you have two tie ins both going to the same bridge. Then it’s possible that the two systems will be jumbled on to eachother. If you had a second bridge it would separate the two systems making it easier to get hands on each one to adjust them

Back