saw strap does and don'ts

• Thread starter sytherstrike
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 5K
We've all done it.

Yep. :what:

I use a little ring lanyard and generally avoid being dogged in at the end of a grabby cut. I used to use an extension but I always ended up shredding them doing little quickie limb jobs on the ground with the 200.

I use the multisaw lanyard from fresco. Each of my saws has a connector, and I can quickly interchange the lanyard between them all.

Attachments

• 1037315576-1831.jpg
    1037315576-1831.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 90
I heard that the little clip on the back of the 200t is designed to break away (not sure the pressure required)....I'd assume before your lanyard or life line would break. I just use a piece of old 1/2'' tubular webbing for a lanyard. Although I kind of wish I had learned without it because it does get in the way sometimes.

I'm not sure I like the sound of THAT. :O

Sounds like the voice of experience...what's the word?

well was cutting down a 60 ft palm and was cutting the head off. the palm compressed down onto the bar and as the head went so did the saw. but the saw was attached to my saddle with a none breaking sling

Hahaha...you guys are nuts. :lol:

Thanks for the details, monkey...glad you weathered it.

I assume it was a very hard pull on your saddle. How did it effect your positioning? Did it make your spurs kick out? Did it effect your saddle?

lanyard rule #2: use a locking clip.
I brushed up on a limb and opened the gate. the snap lifted off my d-ring and the saw fell into the deep end of a pool I was removing some limbs over. running.

Hahaha...you guys are nuts. :lol:

Thanks for the details, monkey...glad you weathered it.

I assume it was a very hard pull on your saddle. How did it effect your positioning? Did it make your spurs kick out? Did it effect your saddle?

it pulled me over to one side and set my 2 3/4 gaff on the left side all the way to the hilt then down into a crouching position until the little ring broke:O

it pulled me over to one side and set my 2 3/4 gaff on the left side all the way to the hilt then down into a crouching position until the little ring broke:O

Hooyahhhh!!! Glad you came through OK and didn't blow a knee or anything.

Thanks for sharing the details.

discgolfborist -- 10-4 on the locking biner...that had to be a crazy sight seeing a running saw take the plunge. :O

I try to use only lockers on eqpt or my saddle...I don't want a lowering rope to brush me and make me part of the rigging.

Back