Saw collections

2 saws missing in this pic.

Last edited:
I only have one "work" saw left. My 044 that bought from Wally about 2 years ago.

All the other junk I have strewn about in pieces and in boxes might add up to a dozen or so saws... But not worthy of a pic.

I am gonna tear into the Homelites i have soon and get them going and get some pics up of them making their first cuts in decades.

I finally got some 1/2" chain from Rotax Robert (MIA :( ) to get the 770G going... I just gotta get my truck done first...

Gary

Hey TreeTrim, nice looking collection of saws there. I see some oversize 'snowmobile' style starter handles on some of them as well as a pipe on the top shelf there, I assume you race some of those?

Do we know you from any other forums? I'm Rocky J or Rocky J Squirrel on a couple forums. :)

Hey Squishey, take note that the Stihls are in the appropriate place, on the BOTTOM SHELF!!! :lol:

Here is one side of my 16' X 24" barn shop. I have more Macs on the other side and a good many project saws in the loft. One of these days...
I favor STIHL saws but started collecting about 5 years ago. I was mainly after saws I remember working on when I had my shop in OK in the '80s, and I was a STIHL dealer then, and when I worked for a large STIHL dealer in FL in the '90s. Back then you pretty much had to work on whatever came in the door, and unfortunately much of it was cheap junk. So I have fond memories of the good saws and not so good memories of the rest, but I wanted examples of the lot to remind me of those days and to provide topics for discussion. Well once people find out you collect saws they just start giving them to you, and I can't say no so this is the result. But it is all good!
I am not in the tree business but I do run these when ever the chance comes up. And sometimes I just make biscuits for fun and relaxation, too.:)

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 139
Hey TreeTrim, nice looking collection of saws there. I see some oversize 'snowmobile' style starter handles on some
It's nearly impossible to pull one over without a d-ring handle .

Fact is last night I put a d-ring on my 2100 Husky before it tore my fingers off and I think it is stock . That thing is the hardest starting SOB I've every had the displeasure of pulling over .It needs a decomp or a kick starter ,maybe both .:(

sawcollector, nice collection! What's the big one on the lower shelf, second from the right?
Funny looking air filter cover on it.

WWB, I noticed that too. It looks a lot like the styling of the 048's we've been talking about.
The 042 has a single center screw cover like that saw in the pic but an 048 has a double outside screw cover.Beings they are about the same design one would think they would interchange .Beings they are in fact Stihl they don't .One reason I have extras someplace in that tons of stuff I have .:roll:

I only have one "work" saw left. My 044 that bought from Wally about 2 years ago.

All the other junk I have strewn about in pieces and in boxes might add up to a dozen or so saws... But not worthy of a pic.

I am gonna tear into the Homelites i have soon and get them going and get some pics up of them making their first cuts in decades.

I finally got some 1/2" chain from Rotax Robert (MIA :( ) to get the 770G going... I just gotta get my truck done first...

Gary
Saw him at the City Hall Saloon 3 weeks ago or so he was going on a trip to Kentucky and Tennessee with the Predator.

When and where .I'd like to look that little rascal up .I just wonder if he is nearly as ornery as I think he is .On the other hand maybe that's not a good idea .:lol:

I could have bought a running 08 or 08S for $50 once this year. Seems over priced.

These are very common. This is a fairly new one too, so I think 50 would be a great offer if he would get it...

It is too common to ask of more...

It is the saw that has been longest in production and sold in most units by far from Stihl.

I think it is still made...

I got an 038 around somewhere I don't ever use too.

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 9
  • worksaws.jpg
    worksaws.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 10
Back