Samson Hyperclimb

It’s excellent.
The new Ivy ropes at Sherrill, made by Samson are the same rope in different colors. Silver Ivy, Tango Ivy, etc.

You’ll want to wash it and maybe allow a little break in period for any mechanical besides the Zigzag.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome! Really reasonable on cost too! I’ll check out the Ivy line since they are the same. That makes sense that Sherrill didn’t have Hyperclimb. They’re selling it under a different name. Bartlett has 200’ with hand splice for $170 before tax.
Brian, Bought arbor plex for rigging. Tried rope walking before I rigged with it. Just wanted to see what it was like for grins. I thought it was like climbing a bungee cord😂. You almost bounced up the rope! I’m sure it wasn’t terrible in a Blake’s hitch though. Hats off to the old schoolers. You tough guys did a lot with little!

x3h9DLX.png

John, what did you say in your last post here. Didn’t show up for me?!
It’s an image from Wesspur with the add and coupon code for the free sewn eye on any climbing line 120’ or longer. The code is EYE-S

I really like the cool color HyperClimb, that bluish purple really pops out visually a lot more than any orange or red line I’ve used.

Oh, OK. Yes, the cool Hyperclimb is sick! That’s what I ordered. Back when I first started looking at ropes (not long ago!) I couldn’t figure out the hot and cold. I thought that must be some type of physical property of the rope. But , specs read the same for both hot and cold of the same series. Then a pattern emerged “this is color related!” 😂

Rope names kind of annoy me. Model and color name get used interchangeably, and it seems the manufacturer of rope brands models can change. Makes it all more confusing then it needs to be. Hawkeye, RBW, BlueStreak? How about "Arbormaster", and get whatever color suits your fancy cause it doesn't matter.

edit:
BTW, Hawkeye is the best color, and if you disagree, you're objectively wrong :^P

Looked up Hawkeye- agreed on the best color. I find the names confusing as well. It really adds to the confusion that every arb supplier has their own version of a manufactured rope. Same rope-4 names and 3 colors!

Knots better, feels better in hand, didn’t flatten as much through Unicender, less elasticity, and just looks better😂.

I really liked the Blue Moon before, but, after being on the Hyperclimb…….

Part of the reason I had to get a second rope was so I could climb simultaneously with my kids. I also needed a 200 footer for the trees in my backyard. My Blue Moon was only 150’.

I tried to get the rope that Pat let me use during our climb but it was going to take at least two months for them to get it in stock. That was Courrant Squire 2.

I’m happy with it. Only paid$170 for 200’ with spliced eye so it was a great deal to boot.

Always good to have more than one rope anyway. For mechanicals, I think I'm pretty happy with my KM3, and would likely buy it again if I had to. For mrs, the KM3 is decent, but I think I can do better. Need to see if I can get used to the XTC. If not, I'll try a longer length of Arbormaster. My shorties seem to work well, but I need to have more rope in the system to get a good feel for the stretch.

Is the km3 the rope we used on the poplar on your second time over here? Where we needed the ladder to access the line because the TIP was too high for the rope to touch the ground. Is was red I believe

Yup. That's one of them. I have it in red, orange, and green. I particularly like the green. The color really stands out, and I can see the TIP more easily to judge if it's decent.

Back