Safari 20G for pine wilt?

simplypete

Treehouser
I have a friend that would like to know more about it. Basically, their HOA wants to spray their neighborhood and neighbors are freaking over the toxicity issues. Anyone have any information to lend?

I'm not familiar with pine wilt but safari 20g is an insecticide, is this wilt caused by an insect? It is an expensive, fast moving, short lived (3ish months) product. Works pretty well, we usually do trunk applications with a surfactant. Yes it is toxic, you don't want to be licking the trees. If applied by a backpack sprayer to the trunk in the right conditions there should be minimal drift. Not sure what the question is but does that help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure I really put forth a question, just would like to arm her with some knowledge is all. Thanks

The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law The label is the law

There, I just saved you $100 on a pesticide class:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do not rightly know. She lives in Portland and their old home that they now rent is being worked on by her husband. The home is located in salt lake city. I am communicating through Facebook so am skeptical of the facts. They did need to remove some trees on their property due to being dead. She suspects the tenants did not apply any water or care for the landscape in any way.

Looks like the main culprit is the pinewood nematode that is transported by a beetle. The safari would likely work on the borer but likely not stop the nematodes. Heres an excerpt I read

Despite intensive research, no highly effective management
tactics have emerged against pine wilt.
Insecticides and nematicides have so far proved to
be impractical or ineffective. The “best management
practices” today are largely unchanged from 20 years
ago, but they can prevent or slow the spread of the
disease if followed proactively

Back