RopeTek Integrated Communication System

chris_girard

Treehouser
OK, so I've decided after using the RopeTek headsets at last week's PA Crane Workshop, that they are definitely something that I am going to purchase for my Kask helmets. My question is should I pay the $10 each and send my helmets to TreeStuff.com to have them put on by them, or should I try to install them on my helmets myself?

I will be buying them from TreeStuff, I just don't know how easy it is to install them on your own.

Thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Paul. I'll be placing an order from your website tomorrow for 2 RopeTek Kask helmets with visors.

Like I said, those helmets were AWESOME at the Crane Workshop.

Another quick question, does the red helmet come with red ear muffs?

No all helmets come with the lime green 3ms which are awesome muffs, very comfy IMO.

Dude I showed you these in person 2 years ago!!! I hate sounding like a sales guy but in all honesty you will freakin love these. I don't care if you buy from me or throw a system together off of amazon but you NEED these, total game changer, no going back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No all helmets come with the lime green 3ms which are awesome muffs, very comfy IMO.

Dude I showed you these in person 2 years ago!!! I hate sounding like a sales guy but in all honesty you will freakin love these. I don't care if you buy from me or throw a system together off of amazon but you NEED these, total game changer, no going back.

I remember Paul, but sometimes I'm a slow learner :) It wasn't until I actually used them on a crane job that I realized you're right, I do NEED these! Should have listened to you 2 years ago.

I'm a bit surprised, you haven't, Willie. Nothing is free, but ime, these past for themselves quickly. My crank op headset paid for itself in the first job, as in it definitely was at least 45 minutes faster than without.

Sena smh10. I bought the first pair from the USA, as they weren't readily available in the UK, but the replacement unit I bought I got from a motorbike shop.

Ive been using them for 4 or 5 years constantly, cant remember for sure, cant remember anything any more, what were we talking about.....

I certainly don't worry about any adverse health affects. They are a game changer, silly to not have them. Might as well go back to crosscut saws.

In all honesty I do worry about it some. Cell phones are supposed to be bad for you and we have these strapped to our heads 8 hours a day. I'm sure it's not doing anything good in the long run

Is this what you all are talking about? How the heck does it work with a hard hat?
Some body clew me in because the dealio I had ended up ripped from my helmet & tossed into the street. But if this or some system you all are talking about works I'm interested.

Attachments

• 9094.jpg
    9094.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 52
All I know Brendon, is that what the aliens tell me through my coil hat is amazing. Never had any reception until that battery was working on the brain waves.

Is this what you all are talking about? How the heck does it work with a hard hat?
Some body clew me in because the dealio I had ended up ripped from my helmet & tossed into the street. But if this or some system you all are talking about works I'm interested.
No. That is what I have for crane op. Unlike the helmet mounted ones which have come out of the tree, into brush a couple times, and back at it (one unit only one ear, need to check it), the wrap your head one fell of my desk and broke.

Back