Rope Night Video/review

RegC

TreeHouser
Use HD setting. Thanks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/muyk89m92CU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha, ha,... I want the big knife...and that incredible Pelican hardcase.

Your a dedicated son of a gun Reg making that video to review or showcase the RopeKnight. Thanks for your effort.

I have been wishing for a long time that people would post tricks and techniques for using it as a throw weight and for using any form of throw weight more effectively to access the trees.

Watching your footage I realized that I almost never throw the RK. If I put the RK and throw lines on my list of tools to take to a job it’s only because I already have the BigShot on my list. I think that colors my thinking about its use all together.

It works great with a BS for me. I have thrown it maybe 5 times, shot it with the BS maybe 75 to 100 times. Of those I managed to get it to fall off the front of the pouch a few times, fall off the back of the pouch a few times, and hit the BS fork a time or two. Most of that was early on. Now I hit the spot pretty quickly and am on to setting the next line or getting up the tree.

I had some trouble using it with the BS, but if I was careful and especially if I used my trigger arrangement, it worked...sorta :).

I think Reg should just run over everything he demo's. Classic. Arbor trolleys, spurs, ropes, poles, rope wrenches, carabiners...Nothing is safe! ;)

Good, thorough review...good to see it used with the BS. Is it too heavy to use with an APTA I wonder? You would need a foam was under it I assume.

Back