Rope id and splice advice.

hosocat

Treehouser
20191219_091729.jpg

Can anyone tell me what kind of rope this is? I got a couple lengths of it in a tree stuff bag o rope. It seems to be 24 strand. Each strand consists of two strands, if that makes any sense. It is hollow, and as you see it lies flat. Anyone know how you would splice an eye in it? Thanks for any advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, it is hollow. The fibers are soft. It lies completely flat. If I make it round it's 5/8 inch diameter. Lying flat it is approximately 7/8 inch. Here is a close up showing the braid.

Attachments

• 20191220_221254.jpg
    20191220_221254.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 3
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just came across this rope in tree stuffs catalog. It is called notch dryad dynamic cabling. It says it is easy to splice. Does anyone know where good splicing instructions for this could be found? Ive found lots of videos on splicing 24 strand, but not for 24 strand hollow core. I'd like to try splicing it.

I looked, and since notch is owned by sherrill, they don't actually exist as a separate company and don't have a website, or any splicing instructions for their products. I would assume that the fact that they also own a rigging (splicing) company too, they really push for you to simply just hire them. I would likely use the Samson hollow braid splice?

Back