Rope colors

Treeaddict

Treehouser
Anyone think there would be an issue to have their climb line as well as lanyard to be the same type and color?
Would it be too difficult/hassle to discern between the 2 in a double tie in situation?

As long as you are sure which one you are releasing. I'd stay away from matching colors myself, just cause I am cautious that way.
Where in Harford County are you?

Yes! Except I am in LA helping care for a new grandchild. Once back I’ll have to coordinate with you and lxskllr for a Rec climb.

I agree.
A climb line and a lanyard shouldn't be much of an issue though. Their own length, position and function allow easily to know which is which (in theory). But two climb lines for a double TIP have to be clearly identified to not mess up the maneuvers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks you all for your input. I was leaning towards separate makes and colors I figured if one or two shared my concern, it was legitimate. It’s easy for me to operate on the subconscious level so it’s probably best to color code in my situation!

Kinda fond of True Blue's 9000 lb capacity for a few decades now myself.

Field testing tying off to my Toy 4X4 and bouncing the competitors to frayed failure sold me way back when..

Jomo

Back