rock climbing shoes?

I couldn't do low top shoes in a tree. I hate saw dust in my boots!:X

I'm going to seriously date myself here: I could wear my Altias all day long. If I kept my Lazers on for more than 45 minutes, I'd be in pure agony.

Scott

Yep, you dated yourself alright kiddo. Like I said earlier, I couldn't find my EBs... Late time I bought rock shoes five tennies were cutting edge stuff. Do you young boys even know what EBs are? :lol:

88'...boreal fire...............2008....boreal gold with resole, i like the board last for me whimpy feet:D

Talk about your deja'-vu.....

My climbing shoes.. Boreal Big Wall

2679981296_63850e5558.jpg

And my removal boots...... LaSportiva Nepal

2679981402_25e8258bed.jpg

time for a re-sole........:lol:.....the year before I graduated from high school!!!

Whenever they needed a resole we just smeared on a gob of Shoe Goo, let dry and shaped it with a bastard file... you can see some remnants on there. I went through 4 pair in about 5 years then graduated, begrudgingly at first, to Fires.

It was also the height of climbing fashion to sew leather on the cloth uppers.8)

Had a nice pair of klettershoes (and wool knickers... no shit)... perfect for scrambling summits in the Sierras. I wish I still had'em.

Not much, aid lines only and we just shoved the pins into cracks without banging them whenever we could. One of my partners put in a few bolts with a hammer and twist bit... waaay too much work for my taste...
We were into clean climbing, used a lot of stoppers and hexes, never used chalk... it was pretty damn cool when Friends came out... but yeah, I had a rack of pins and a hammer.

Shoe goo in 1979--I used tubes of that stuff to reinforce my running shoes, 6 oz. Nikes. Those were the days of 100+ mile weeks, training for 50- and 100-mile runs. Tree climbing back then was just cross training (and bill paying) for the weekend races, rockhopping trail runs were the best.

Never had the patience for that vertical stuff; now I barely have the shape to clamber around a tree for half a day.

Hey blinks, you up for 2 tech removals next week? Wealthy owner wants the stumps carved into oriental art. I just ordered a carving bar and chain and sprocket...

Back