Rigging large sections of wood

jalegre0

TreeHouser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFkZ-TBZOU&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7T8BWN1YBbWCpxi1tdBI3gSorry I only have a video of the last section of wood being logged down I didn't realize that my camera was damaged so we got the video from one of the groundsmen I rigged three other sections pretty much about the same size as this one . But none of them bounced. The tree was in between two sets of wires, paver driveway, sidewalk, brick driveway ,and over two houses and a fence. Customer couldn't of been more worried about his stupid Lawn so he was over my shoulder making sure that I lowered every piece. After that cut I did 7 stump cuts down the rest of the trunk while it was still up right. Drove My log truck up and plucked each piece off and put it in the back of my truck. 2 day job had to use several methods of rigging to remove all branches zip-line, balancers, tip tie & grsc.
Then to top it off i am in a residential zone, bucket truck parked on side of road, all of us taking 5, a lady in a lexus hits my truck head on doing about 40 mph drunk by noon. Was it worth it, got 6k for the tree, great,but truck totalled, I'll be a week w/out a bucket truck, and I could give a hoot about that , its all these tools I never new I had Till I had to squeeze them in another truck and the incovinience of this when I am already backed up.Sorry Just venting thanks later
IMG_1952.jpg IMG_1953.jpg IMG_1955.jpg IMG_1957.jpg IMG_1936.jpg IMG_1942.jpg

Good thing you weren't up in the bucket when she hit the truck!

Welcome to the Treehouse. :)

Welcome to the Treehouse.
Bummer about your truck...
I also use tires to provide landing zones, but I always take the wheels out so they can't cut the ropes!

That's some herky jerky bucket operation! :P

Be careful having your load in-line with your rope/porty... good way to cut your rope!

Wow, that lady really plowed into you! Nobody died or hurt call it lucky. Drunk by noon or until noon? Sober her up?

Welcome to the Treehouse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It burnt my sling. Need to secure it a differant way. By securing the top and bottom when logging down wood you can leave porta-wrap un-manned as long as you take the right amount of wraps and let the rope feed in to it.
Also that was day 2 of the job after the lady hit me I leaked gas, anti-freeze and hydro fluid from a leaf spring that went through my tank. That stalk was all that was left after the accident. I prayed that it would hold up for a couple hours or I was going to have to put my spikes on
That's some herky jerky bucket operation! :P was so jerky cause it was low. then had it towed next day.
Be careful having your load in-line with your rope/porty... good way to cut your rope!

They totalled out the truck $32,000 getting a new one next Friday so now we have to put in a judgement for time of work loss this lady is going to have a hard time getting insurance. The insurance company also to-ed it to the dealer I bought the truck from in P.A. to determine if it was totalled. It wasn't ,but if he had to fix it the amount of $ they would have to pay me for time off work exceeded the value of the truck so it is cheaper and faster to pay for a new one so they totalled it out.

Ouch. Well, at least you get a new truck out of the deal. Hopefully they don't screw you around and you get one as good or better than the old one.

Get down with the smoothness! :rockon:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eqVQgP0eDvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my name is jay
For the last couple years been reading & watching these blogs felt it was time to join want to hear the good and bad things I do so I can perfect job quality and safety. And learn a thing or two. Out of all the sites i've been on ,you guys got the best feedback. always trying new riggs, lookin forward to it thanks

Welcome, Jay!

I've used a recycled rubber horse stall mat (~$30) on top of rimless tires, chunking smaller wood onto pavers... worked well. Stall mat helped cover 'dead' areas between tires. On grass, I would probably use logs, if anything. Why the choice of tires on such big wood on grass?

name is jay found ya through google looked through quite a few forums before finding this one like this one the best

Back