Rigging for Rooftop Snow Shoveling

Altissimus

TreeHouser
....Posting as I wait a little for temps to climb ! ... Using my 200' 9 / 16 Rig line set between two trees . Tension and height so my beloved 200 isn't touching Asphalt Shingles or Ridge of roof , Chimneys , Cupolas , ect. A CMI stainless pulley runs along skyline easy. Rope snap a 30' piece of Fly to pulley , safety knot on the end , and the HH running on that. Also have 60' hank of High Vee for longer reach areas. Just set it up at fourth place yesterday. This one is steep. Shovel on a leash as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know I suck at that...Will take some today. Mebbee download TapnTalk or send them to Butch or Joel to post. Minimizes ladder use and I can stay ON the roof as many people here are sliding down and over !

Can you square-rig an icicle?

We has one about 10' long, as a kid. My dad leaned out the second story window and free-dropped it. No target.

PICS PICS PICS!! Do you undermine at the eaves and back dig it to hinge a block off the roof to jump the troughs??? ;)

But on a serious note, yes, a pic of that would be interesting!

Last week 3 or us shoveled off most of the over knee deep snow off a 50 x 100 foot metal barn roof. I was afraid the snow would keep piling up or we would get a heavy rain on it.

We used plastic soffit panels 12" x 10 feet to make a slide. Spray Armorall on it and the snow will zip down a 40 foot slide. Chunked off 50 to 100lb. chunks. Lots of fun.

I had my daughter do this for you. It's my take away picture anyway.

image.jpg

Edit: no offense with the daughter comment. She is better than I with the doodler.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
.. Diagram is right on the money ! ...200 is for the skyline .... The line W the HH and me is only 30. For flat roofs a pulley on the sky is fine , for peak roofs a taut line up top locked so can lean back and get back up easier.

Back