Retractable lanyard setup

Skid steer exhaust is at waist level ... perfect when putting on chains ;) ... glad that's over ... :)

But, I digress ... NICE VID, BRIAN! :thumbup::thumbup:

5394345520_3baa79b4c2.jpg

Is anyone using a Sidewinder with the Cinch on the right side of the harness?
It means the Sidewinder has to be upside down, I think, which could collect debris through the hole.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Al.

I am not sure what you are trying to figure out. Here is video of me wearing it. Since I started using zip-ties I havent changed its position whatsoever.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fswkRrzsoo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It still works as well as the first day I got it and I climb almost every day. In all fairness I do more pruning than removals so I am not blasting sawdust every day like some of the guys that do strictly takedowns. I have 'tipped' it over to see if stuff is collecting in there and there is nothing.

Well I received my sidewinder today, thanks Paul that was pretty quick service from the states. Its slightly smaller than it looks in the pictures and seems to work really well from what i can tell playing around with it in the office. I'm just a little unsure how i'm going to attach it at the moment. The positioning of the included zip-ties dont allow for it to be seated flat against the harness unless im missing something obvious? Would love to see some close ups of how others have attached theirs if anyone has any pics?

cheers bonner. Eventually got it fitted to my harness, but not sure till I climb in it if its going to be comfortable....kinda digs in at the back a little.

Thanks for those photos Bonner but I see you've got different zip ties to the ones supplied with mine.
Mine are big, black and because they are removable, the clip makes the Sidewinder stick out by an inch.

Need to find a better way.

OldMill,
If you can't find the smaller-headed zip ties over there,
I have a few of the larger ones like Nick is using.
PM me if you can't find them locally.

OldMill,
If you can't find the smaller-headed zip ties over there,
I have a few of the larger ones like Nick is using.
PM me if you can't find them locally.

Thanks but I like the idea of the re-useable ties because I can take the SW off easily. I'll fiddle about a bit more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OM I think you are worrying a bit too much about the slight gap the ties cause. Once you get it in there it is very secure and that extra inch isnt really noticeable. I went with those ties as they are uber strong and reusable. Get some time on it and get back with us as to if you still think they are a problem.

OM I think you are worrying a bit too much about the slight gap the ties cause. Once you get it in there it is very secure and that extra inch isnt really noticeable. I went with those ties as they are uber strong and reusable. Get some time on it and get back with us as to if you still think they are a problem.

Thanks everyone. Will do PCTREE.

No its not about being Batman, Im just really short tempered so try to get all the irritations out of my day. Daisy chained lanyards and ditty bags used to drive me crazy. Smooth sailing with the lanyard now, if I could just figure out how to make a remote controlled SRT tie off I would be better adjusted at work:lol:

I turned my sidewinder 90 degrees yesterday so that the zip tie clips are facing down and the rope exit is facing up.
It now sits much flatter and the lead out of the unit is better so rope in and out is smoother.
Brilliant!

Paul, PLEASE work on the laser pruner...I've started but I can't figure out how to prevent the laser causing damage past the tree once the limb's cut...figure out the sensor unit would ya, I'll go halfsies with you on all the lolly that will pour in. We can get Nick to field test it...might have to give him a cut too ;)8)

Paul, PLEASE work on the laser pruner...I've started but I can't figure out how to prevent the laser causing damage past the tree once the limb's cut...figure out the sensor unit would ya, I'll go halfsies with you on all the lolly that will pour in. We can get Nick to field test it...might have to give him a cut too ;)8)

Ditto that. I tried one too but kept cutting down airplanes from the sky!
😂😂

They didnt have them as I didnt have time to make em:lol: Lukes been after them since TCIA in Nov.

Believe it or not but tree work is still by far my bread and butter and I have been busy this year!! Even seriously thinking about hiring another guy which is huge for me as I hate having employees. Ropetek is evenings and weekends and I have been trying to spend more time with the kids also.....

I cut a foot and a half out of my sidewinder a few weeks back. It's been tucking away real tight now. I do miss the length, but can work around it no problem. Still rocking the cinch, so fast, so smooth... daddy likey.

The Sidewinder has been a dream come true for me as a climber. I've always wanted this in a lanyard, now I have it and have truly put it to the test. So practical, so logical, damn near should come stock on every saddle.

Paul I hear ya, treework will probably always be your bread and butter, but your kids will one day thank you for Roptek... I sure know a lot of climbers will be too!

Back