Remington 22 cal. 1909..

• Thread starter ClimbingFool
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 6K
Grey squirrel is good, I am nice enough to go get him some fat ones. If I was mean I would offer him digger squirrel, most dogs won't even eat one of those!

That is a really loverly little Rifle.

I collect Firearms and enjoy the Sporting Rifles of about the turn of the Century most.They were made by Craftsmen for owners who spent a great deal of money in those days for something that has lasted several lifretimes.Holding a old Firearm and imagining the owners who have held it before you,the adventures and lessons it has partaken in,is much of the attraction to me.

I would suggest scrubbing the bore with Hoppes #9 and a Bronze bore brush.Back when that Rifle was made the priming in Cartridges was corrosive,the bore might be damaged or it might not.Worth having a look.

I had the predecessor to that rifle once.
A Remington No. 4.
Rolling block action and octagonal barrel.

That one had a truly antique feeling to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After eating my tri tip I'm not sure that I want to eat squirl....lol.....actually , I will try anything once.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is a really loverly little Rifle.

I collect Firearms and enjoy the Sporting Rifles of about the turn of the Century most.They were made by Craftsmen for owners who spent a great deal of money in those days for something that has lasted several lifretimes.Holding a old Firearm and imagining the owners who have held it before you,the adventures and lessons it has partaken in,is much of the attraction to me.

I would suggest scrubbing the bore with Hoppes #9 and a Bronze bore brush.Back when that Rifle was made the priming in Cartridges was corrosive,the bore might be damaged or it might not.Worth having a look.

I did notice the back of the barrel where the bullet enters, looks corrosive... Thank you for the info on that ...

Back