Redoing our website

Tree support systems...sounds like they are for "splitting or cracked trees". Preventative.

Are you using Rigguy? Something more like " we offer both modern 'static' and 'dynamic' tree supports systems, as dictated by the need of the individual tree. It sounds like dynamic is modern and better than static, as it reads to me.

Likewise, modern, low-impact rope and harness climbing techniques.

You mention your services. What about specialization? Poor access climbing work...

Our skilled, climbing Arborists can protect your special landscape features using modern, low impact methods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We use the wedge grip things for cabling... But I don't remember what they are called now. I think Wedge Grips. Whatever..... You're right, we make static seem inferior.

I am cautious of pushing the specialty climbing thing too much because I don't want to scare off the ordinary jobs. I'll chew on that one for a bit.

The other thing about our page this hard for me to accept is how the lay person views it. My sister was pretty straight forward about bending on some of our issues, with wording etc., because regular people search for certain things even though we don't want to be associated with them. An example is the word trimming. I hate that word as it refers to trees. We prune trees not trim them. However, people search trimming so we have to incorporate trimming into our page. Many of the things that I would change about our site are done in purpose.

My sister does this stuff for a pretty large company based out of Minneapolis and she knows her stuff. She knows what works and what doesn't. I have to trust her because I know trees and not marketing or Web design.

In the services section... Tree Pruning ... Picture shows gaffs. I would change that and sell the gaffless as mentioned.
Otherwise, easy to see and navigate.

Dang.... I know we even talked about that pic. Maybe it's on her list already. I'll mention it again. Thanks.

The more I think about it, we will definitely be changing the content and push some of those specialty things. Who knows, maybe it will cut down on some of those huge removal estimates where the tree is right by the road or driveway. You know the kind, perfect bucket truck jobs.

Looking good! The certified arborist thing caught my eye as well. In the ISA branding guide they want you to capitalize both words when used together

Back