Ramrod 905 & Vermeer 252...

I've never been slow in November before. I'm working a half day tomorrow. I've been getting calls but the jobs haven't been booking. I don't know if they are just shopping or if i'm being underbid by the other tree guys. Good luck Wiseman. My apartment guy is busy spending a couple of million dollars in ADA money before the end of the year, so there's been nothing there.

OK. My old farmer buddies that I work for once in a while are super worried about their water supply next year and falling prices, so they aren't doing anything that isn't absolutely necessary. One guy that I know could have sold a 160 ton lot of bean straw for $210/ton back in September and he wanted more money so he paid $15/ton to move it into a barn and now the price has dropped to $180/ton. Raising dairy feed is a big business around here and several creamries have cut their supply and 12 dairies in the county were without a home for their milk. They were unable to find anyone else to buy it so they all folded. Also in Oakdale where I do the majority of my work Hershey chocolate was the main employer in the town and they moved their operation to Mexico about 6 months ago. There is now another chocolate compay from Oakland that opened in the facility yesterday but they are way smaller than Hershey was and as such have about 250 fewer employees than Hershey had.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not lease or rent the Ramrod out and hang on to it? Try some local landscapers and see if they are interested. I'd keep it if you can.

In an ideal world, I'd rather hang on to all my kit Darin, believe me. The local 'landscrapers' seem to be in the same boat as me.....laying staff off and generally freaking out, so no luck there. The crowd of Latino boys waiting for work offers outside Home Depot each day gets bigger and bigger every time I drive past. Never seen so many of 'em congregating in one spot since I've lived on 'The Island'.

Pics of kit for sale. Grinder has new exhaust muffler, new Greenmech teeth & pockets and new belts and new bearings. Mini is missing foam on handle and has a few scuff marks. Both machines have been well looked after.....regular attention to grease points, oil changes, filters, blah, blah, blah.

Attachments

• kit 021.jpg
    kit 021.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 153
  • kit 022.jpg
    kit 022.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 152
  • mossberg 004.jpg
    mossberg 004.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 13
  • mossberg 005.jpg
    mossberg 005.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 17
Sorry to here about your down turn Robert, pretty scared about 09 up here also. TNTs got work till Jan, at least if more doesn't cancel. Phones are pretty dead, other than this normal Holiday/winter slowdown, 08 will go down as our best grossing year ever.

Your Rammys has still got to be like new, when this economy turns around you can always get another set of Kit (was that proper british?)

Yeah man the turn around is supposed to happen by summer 09..
Cant u dig deep .
scrounge .. do some jobs solo or with one man?
anything ,,,, or r u bailing back to UK

Yeah, I am starting to get a little concerned with the situation here.

Friend of mine who lives in Spain is coming back this Christmas because the work situation there is non existent and another friends sister and family who also lived in Spain are back already after struggling for a long time.

Best of luck Rob.

I've already had two job offers. I just need to make myself a little more 'recession proof' thats all, if such a thing exists. Gonna keep TWM, just gonna have to change direction with it, 'cause having 5-6 days of tree work every week just ain't happening at the moment.

Back