Questions about Max-flow filter...

• Thread starter Blinky
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
B

Blinky

I put a Max-flow filter on my 440. The cover that came with it doesn't fit, what am I doing wrong?

What's the best way to clean and oil the filter in the field? So far I just pour gas on it, wring it out and drizzle some Bel-ray on it and wring it again to spread the oil out. There has to be a better way.

You may have to trim some plastic fins off inside the cover. They should have given you two filters. Wash em at home in soap and water, oil them and put the spare in a baggie. The oil should sit in the filter a bit before running it

Don't even bother running the cover over it. I run em with just the plastic plate thing over the back when it's raining sideways and it doesn't seem to mater at all. The foam only gets ripped if the boys pull the saw up on the block without being careful--and only then if its a Fir with wolfy bark on it. I'll bet that log cutters might tear em up packing the saw through the brush.

There isn't a better way. You have to clean em lots, but it really seems worth it for the increased air-flow. I gave up buying filter oil and just soak em with regular automotive engine oil. Been running it like that for about a year now, and my piston (440) looks great. Still too scared to port my own cylinder though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool, thanks you guys. So far I've been running it with no cover and haven't sweated it. Haven't used the second filter yet.

Back