QR Codes

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
Make your own unique codes (qrstuff.com) with or without actions, data etc. Here is one for the treehouse forum, if you have a smartphone with a camera, download a barcode reading app then scan the code. It will take your phone browser straight to the treehouse!

Attachments

• gypoclimber QR code.png
    gypoclimber QR code.png
    515 bytes · Views: 102
Mine does too, and it's new! I was thinking to get a smartphone, but wasn't sure it could handle getting dropped a lot and other assorted abuse. :roll:

My lap top has a key board and works quite well as a phone as long as wifi is available... And since cell phone service is about available as wifi here.... And wifi is free... Well I guess we all know where I am at :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool, my wife uses the laptop to call LD using Skype, most times its PC to PC so its free, for PC to landlines or cell its near 4 cents a minute or so. wifi is is great, my phone can also use skype and free wifi. gotta love the internets.

Yup... Skype here too. I pay for the LD and a phone number through them. But it's pretty dang cheap compared to.
Reason I bought the number is so the caller ID shows the customers who is calling.. Was getting too many that would not answer not seeing a number they would recognize.

ha, can't blame them, when I see an 800 number or (000)000-0000 in the call display I usually prepare to vent any frustrations I have :D

if you have a barcode reader it contains all the information you would find on my business card, I believe the capacity for that style of QR code is 5000 characters of info. So someone with a smartphone can scan the symbol with one click and have all my info in their address book etc.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43886f2c06I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43886f2c06I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

If I point my scanner at this code my browser opens up and it goes to the Gypoclimber forum homepage.

Attachments

• gypoclimber QR code.png
    gypoclimber QR code.png
    528 bytes · Views: 36
Give it a few more months, you will see them on everything.. :)

ha, been a while since my phone had an external antenna. Its all good, to each their own. :)

Sure, let me know if it works, wife still has an older phone so I can't test it on hers.

Back