Puter Question

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I know frighteningly little about puters- mainly I can write emails with attachments (of estimates), and via Safari I can do YT and IG, and post on this forum. I don't even know what Safari is but the Q I have is I may need to use Firefox for something and I'm wondering Is Firefox basically the same as Safari, as in, can I use FF to do all the same things Safari does?

Doh!

Thx.

Safari and firefox are both web browsers, and both serve the same core function. Firefox is extendable with addons that add features. I'm assuming you're using an apple desktop here. The mobile firefox for apple is pretty gimped, even compared to the somewhat gimped version for android.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm on an iMac

Yes, Firefox is a very good browser that provides all the same functions as Safari. Some of the buttons may be in different places and not all options will be the same. I have been using firefox for about 10 years and it is a fine browser.

Good to hear, thx

Like they said, Firefox is a browser, largely similar to Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer.

I use Safari on my phone and macs. It's been a while since I've needed to do something that required a different browser, but I used Chrome in that instance.

Cory, just out of curiosity, what situation makes you think you need to use Firefox? Ex-IT guy has been poked...

You might like this.... still building out my home network, Netgear support pissed me off so I yanked it all and went with Ubiquiti. Cable management and moving it to the top or bottom of the closet will happen once it settles a bit. I like the looks of the Ubiquity AP over the Netgear
1674330112328.jpeg
1674330168651.jpeg
tempImageyvp8KG.png
tempImagefBf80B.png

Cory, just out of curiosity, what situation makes you think you need to use Firefox? Ex-IT guy has been poked...
Guy online says he streams ufc ppv with little to no issue at a number of different sites, using firefox and a pop up blocker.

Are you having trouble streaming it via Safari on your current Mac? If so, how old is the Mac? Your problem may be outdated OS (operating system), which I believe Safari comes bundled with (meaning your OS/browser are too old to handle newer streams). That may also restrict what version of Firefox you may be able to run, leaving you in the same situation. Call me if you'd like to discuss further.

Last edited:
Thanks, Brian. Maybe I'll give you a call prior to the next PPV. I tried streaming this ppv on safari and it was a colossal no-go.:|:

Back