Project 97' F450 4x4 clean-up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didnt like how much trouble it was trying to get swing gate chain hooked up, and it didnt seem to secure, so I picked up a stainless binner at home depo and welded it for a more secure attachment.....hope my groundy figures out it the "Orange link" that goes onto the binner...lol

Always looking for faster and more efficient ways ;)

Beautiful rig! I'm envious, I would love a truck like that. Where did you pick it up? I wonder if there are more available somewhere.....? :)

jp:D

That is sweet! Where did you pick up the truck? Does Davey auction off their old vehicles?

jp:D

TandS, i got it from a company thats buys all kind of trucks from auctions and private

I love a one ton chipper truck. Anyone can drive it and it can go a lotta places those big bastids can't!

MB, Yes, like were it can go :thumbup:

I've been chipping into my old ghetto 1ton a lot lately. A 1ton will hold a good jag of chips that's for sure.

Very nice. If all goes well for myself I'll be in the market for a chip truck next fall. Man, it will feel great to use a hydraulic dump!!
BOTS, NICE! What's your first name?

Dylan, what are you running now? There are a few unloading tricks that I've seen and thought of while, yep, pitchforking chips.

This is going to sound minor, but I didnt like how far the big gear box ladders hangs down so low, they need to be up higher to access gear easyer, and being so low they were all bent up from Davey dude banging into stuff (mabey Bonner?..lol)

Welded on a handle above to have something to hold onto when pulling out gear

Me too, it's a nice setup.

I learnt to drive in a Ford like that but haven't driven anything but a cab over for a long time, lots of tight spots around here.

Got to get a couple of under body tool boxes for mine yet like yours, and they forgot to put the tailgate thing on so I pinched your idea, thanks.8)

010_zpsa353290b.jpg

Scott, a folding step stool might be great for setting outside there. Instead of holding on to go up a ladder, and holding on top while wrestling gear out, you have both hands free. http://www.feelgoodstore.com/cgi-bi...-07426201000&gclid=CNOGrsnik7kCFe1_QgodH18ACQ 17.5" H, folds flat.

http://www.feelgoodstore.com/cgi-bi...-07426201000&gclid=CNOGrsnik7kCFe1_QgodH18ACQ 17.5" H.

I have the man-can box on my rig, so I can put a rigid step stool in there...so much safer and easier. http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Two-Step-Roughneck-Step-Stool/dp/B001CJZNPA/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_2_1

Thanks all!... Sean, some good ideas there :thumbup:

Love the truck and box set up! Time for a taller garage :p

Oh I need bigger garage in a bad way lol

I pull into garage as far as I can for the shade, soooo hot here

Me too, it's a nice setup.

I learnt to drive in a Ford like that but haven't driven anything but a cab over for a long time, lots of tight spots around here.

Got to get a couple of under body tool boxes for mine yet like yours, and they forgot to put the tailgate thing on so I pinched your idea, thanks.8)

010_zpsa353290b.jpg

No prob Steve, glad it will work for you ;)

Back