Prices on 044, 066

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For sure. Drug addicts gotta feed their addiction. Causes people to do a lot of things they otherwise wouldn't do. Once that lines been crossed, it takes a strong person to come back from that. IMO.

The lack of crime sounds like a really nice benefit to living where you do. Crime is considered low here, but IMO it all depends where you're at. You living in the 'city' here and you'd better lock your stuff up.

I've had vehicles broken into twice, but never my home.

On topic. I'd pay up to $400 for a 44 or $500 for a 66. If they were mint, prices dropping off rapidly from there. Pretty much if I'm buying second hand its got to be a good, or preferably great deal or I'm not interested.

I think I'll go new. Better anti-vibe, surely. Auto tune sounds promising. No risk of a 'hot' saw or getting a lemon. It would be easy to check out if local, but these saws are an hour away, without any specific reason to go up there, otherwise.

How is the anit-vibe on the new Stihls saws? Is the spring suspension on par with what Husky has had for the last 20 years? That has been the biggest reason for me to not go back to Stihl. That and the single lever. I hate starting a saw at full throttle.

The new style Stihls feel real smooth to me. But I just got my referral for carpal tunnel surgery today too. Lol.

Stig, the Stihl has the throttle lock and choke linked together. In order to choke the saw, you have to lock the throttle. I don't like to start saws like that. I suppose I could click the throttle lock off after the first pop, but with my Husky saws, I just pull the choke out until it fires, then take the choke off. I start with the brake engaged, and I drop start.

I never had an issue with Stihl's one lever master control switch. As a matter of fact all the new Huskies now have the one lever Stihl style lever, only difference is in reverse with choke position at the top.

I never bought a used saw in my life, but when I today put my old 044 and 066 to work it's just for a reminder how out dated they really are.
I quickly put them away and grab my 562, 372 or 395XPs.

Sad but true.....

Stig, the Stihl has the throttle lock and choke linked together. In order to choke the saw, you have to lock the throttle. I don't like to start saws like that. I suppose I could click the throttle lock off after the first pop, but with my Husky saws, I just pull the choke out until it fires, then take the choke off. I start with the brake engaged, and I drop start.

I know that, Dave, since I run only Stihl.

It was the "Full throttle" that Threw me, since all mine start at about ½ throttle or less.
I drop start without the brake, so that is just right for me.
Fire it up, goose the gas to bring it to idle and go kill trees.

One more week, that is, then logging season is officially over this spring.

Back