Petzl Sequoia(new edition)

ATEC15

TreeHouser
I just bought a new Petzl Sequoia about 2-3 weeks ago. I don't remember seeing anything on the product manual about the rings that the bridge is connected to. Question is...can it be used as attachment points as if it was the treemotion lower rings?

I have one too, I was clipping into them the other day and felt fine about it, mind you I'm a lightweight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright thanks for the info will be trying it out

Ahhh never mind, found it on wesspur. "Petzl shoulder strap" I thought it would have a particular name to it. Pretty bummed treestuff don't offer it, wesspur shipping to Hawaii is over priced compared to treestuff.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458102857.792764.jpg

Ahh the more I research on it, the more bad news. Apparently it's only for the SRT sequoia saddle. I'm outta luck!!!! Anyone know if there's a chest harness for the non SRT version?

To Atec15 you can loop a strap around the front belt part of the dry version and use the straps as normal

Those suspenders look like it'd be real hot.

Going ring to ring with lanyard is OK for Sequoia, it's in the manual somewhere.

I just bought the shoulder straps for my sequoia SRT not the Top or Top croll ones...can't remember the proper name...they felel pretty good, they are not as bulky as they appear in the photos online. Even being a girl, I was finding my harness migrating south with a saw hanging off it.
It comes with the attachment hardware, which is good Because it's not that clear on the website.

That's the one I got. Been wearing the last two days. I like it.
Today I replaced the front attachment link it came with (screwup delta link thingy) with a small wire gate biner about the same size. Much better, I can unfasten it much more quickly at he end of the day. Looks better too.

I've been using the Sewquoia SRT since 09.
First the old one, now the new one.
Since I don't have much in the way of hip bones and always have to wear a tight belt or suspenders or lose my pants, I've always used the shoulder strap.
Never had a problem with hanging big saws from it.

I use the shoulder strap with the Croll on it, though.
Handy as hell for SRT ascending.

Back