Personal Trainer

Well?

• He's a RIPOFF!!!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Awesome trainer!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I did the personal trainer thing several years ago. Spent about $5K in about as many months :/: Had good results, but not good enough to justify continuing. I learned what I needed and now just do it on my own. I don't regret spending the money, it was worth it to me at the time to get what I wanted. It's like paying to learn a new skill, you have to decide if it's worth it to you.

(I keep trying to build a wine collection, but someone keeps drinking it. :what: )

(I keep trying to build a wine collection, but someone keeps drinking it. :what: )

And why do you think its taking so long for mine to get any bigger. I've been trying to always buy 2 bottles for every 1 that I plan on drinking right away. Only problem is a regularly end up drinking 2 bottles.

Heck, I started buying by the case, and then my wife acquired a taste for it. :cry:

I voted ripoff. Your friend needs to find a physical activity that he wants to do, not one that he needs the prospect of money spent as leverage for motivation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My point entirely. Sometimes it takes a hella lot of gumption for me to get my ass on my treadmill, but I always do it - and keep the $60 an hour in my pocket.

Part of that would lead back to Jeff's post. Most people have a skewed awareness of their own body. A personal trainer beyond motivation provides countless other benefits, such as but not restricted to a professional objective opinion about your strengths and weaknesses. And then combines that with the knowledge of how to best address those weaknesses. My point being there could be better ways to acheive the goals that you're looking for.

Getting up and doing it is only one part of the equation.

Certainly some personal trainers out there are a rip-off. Again not unsimilar to tree services. While some are hacks, other's are trained/experienced professionals that can provide results. 8)

:D
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcR7hr4LLQg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcR7hr4LLQg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What, you never seen Chris Farley before Squishy? :P
He lives in a van, down by the river!
LOL

me too, I liked his performance but like his idol John Belushi he went out in a blaze of drugs etc. I am sure there will be another incarnation someday soon.

Kind of like the richard pryor, chris tucker, chris rock thing. Always seems to be some black (yes, not all black people are from africa or america, try calling a black person african-american when they are canadian or british) dude comic making fun of the N word and other black people. :)

i say that a trainer should be a temp thing also.

for me it would be for a certain event that i have planned. the training would show me where i am lacking in my form as i ride and how to better my performance and reduces the effort. so far all i have gotten as far as a trainer is a buddy to ride with that had done that mileage.

it would be nice, but they are at times costly.

I would need constant motivation to keep a work out routine.

grim_reaper.jpg

Yah, I know. If I dont lose 75 lbs he will be coming sooner than later.

I am getting a personal trainer for 3 months. I will let you know what happens.

Here is my diet for the last month since Dec 6th. I am down 13 pounds. Started at 222 pounds. will shoot for extremely lean and muscled 165. (at the end of the 3 months) I am 5'6" and I have not been that light since I was 15, so I have many doubts.

0atmeal
protein muscle builder crap.
Boiled spinach.
Beets Raw. Make you piss red, funny.
Steak
brown Rice
chicken breast. (boneless skinless)
salads
power bars
Fusion v-8 juice
Sardines.
Shrimp
Whole grain Pasta.

You know how you go nuts without coffee? I do...but with this diet, I rarely drink it or crave it. Serious energy from the vitamins in the spinach.

Power bars are a rarity maybe once every two weeks. as are the Sardines, steaks, shrimps, and fusion V-8.

The Oatmeal is the key. You will not be hungry at lunch when you eat a large bowl in the morning. And if you eat a salad at lunch you will be stuffed. Also, it slows you digestion down, so any spinach will get digested up really well.

And if you do short intense burst work outs you will not crave sweets. And you will burn fat the entire time you are not working out, rather than only when you are working out.

Scott.

Ya'll make mountains outta molehills. No wonder trainers get away with what they do.

Back