Owl tries to scare bald guy

stehansen

Climbing Up
I took this video just a few minutes ago in my walnut orchard. I have an owl nesting box up on a pole. I decided to go and try and get some pictures of them and the pictures didn't turn out but the little video is pretty cool. One of the owls decided I might need a little encouragement to get the hell out of there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jl5s8MqfPKA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jl5s8MqfPKA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cool Steve.
Your thread title reminds me of a family story though-I have a double first cousin a year older than I who grew up on a farm. When he was just a tyke he asked about the roosters mounting the hens. My aunt and uncle didn't wish to get too detailed and graphic so they just said-""One day, when you are older you'll probably have a girlfriend and you'll understand better." To which Brad replied "Well, if I do I ain't gonna jump on her back and peck her on the head!"

Cool Steve.
Your thread title reminds me of a family story though-I have a double first cousin a year older than I who grew up on a farm. When he was just a tyke he asked about the roosters mounting the hens. My aunt and uncle didn't wish to get too detailed and graphic so they just said-""One day, when you are older you'll probably have a girlfriend and you'll understand better." To which Brad replied "Well, if I do I ain't gonna jump on her back and peck her on the head!"

Ha!! Thanks Justin...........Diet Pepsi all over the place. :what: :lol:

Steve, how far away were you when the owl flew down? Are they always aggressive? Sounds like hard hat and bug-eyes time. We hear them around here all the time, but rarely see them. Cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool Steve.

Already the gentleman.

That's cool watching the owl go on the alert...if you get the chance maybe you can zoom in more so we can see the head bobbing and weaving better. Thanks for sharing.

That's cool watching the owl go on the alert...if you get the chance maybe you can zoom in more so we can see the head bobbing and weaving better. Thanks for sharing.

I was zoomed in all the way. It's tough filming with the light coming from behind the subject like that. It went dark when he got close to the ground, but he stayed there for about a minute trying to scare me.

Ha!! Thanks Justin...........Diet Pepsi all over the place. :what: :lol:

Steve, how far away were you when the owl flew down? Are they always aggressive? Sounds like hard hat and bug-eyes time. We hear them around here all the time, but rarely see them. Cool!

I was about 30 feet away. When he landed I was about 10 feet away. I have never had them be that aggressive, usually they screech like hell then fly away.

I was about 30 feet away. When he landed I was about 10 feet away. I have never had them be that aggressive, usually they screech like hell then fly away.

Protective mom? They (we) can get primal on you in a heartbeat.

Very cool video, you need a blind to shoot from. :)

Protective mom? They (we) can get primal on you in a heartbeat.

Very cool video, you need a blind to shoot from. :)

I think we have all been warned.:)

I think they would still hear me Che. If they can hear a mouse walking around then I think there is no way I can sneak past them. These are barn owls and they get used to humans if you are around. But I usually leave them alone. I don't know how to solve the light problem, maybe get a better camera. Father's day is in a couple days, I can hope.

Back