Oregon distributor

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
Yesterday we were working in a front yard when we noticed the neighbor watching us. Then he goes into his garage and comes out with something in his hands and starts walking over to us. He hands us a battery powered poles made by Oregon. He wanted our opinion on it. So we played around with it for a few minutes and chatted with the guy for a while. It turns out he is a salesman for a Oregon distributor. They guy was really cool and ended up giving us a few bars and chains from their Powersharp line.
http://powersharp.com/default_NoFlash.asp

He is also a distributor if Dolmar and we talked quite a bit about those saws. He took our business cards and said he'd call us when he needs to demo stuff. It sounds like he gets a fair amount of new products to send out for "testing". Hopefully he remembers us when the time comes.

powernow014.jpg

I have sold some power sharp cutting systems, but they rather come and get filed here. Can't say I blame them as it is not cutting much...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never would have bought that powersharp thing, but I will definitely take it for free and try it out. I really hope the guy keeps in touch with us. He was a nice guy and seemed pretty knowledgeable about his products AND his competitors..... Which seems to be very rare these days.

I occasionally entertain the notion of getting one of those powersharp things just for flush-cutting stumps.

Landscape Trades Congress (Toronto) in January has a Oregon booth where the exhibitor will run the bar into a concrete block, and then try to cut a 6X6 (or whatever). Then he sharpens the chain, and cuts through the log. It makes for a pretty convincing demo.
The downside to me is the cost of the setup, and the # of times it can be sharpened.

Oregon introduced that design chain way back in the mid '60s fifty years ago
. McCulloch had a wee saw at the time with a built in stone right in the sprocket cover. Just push a button and sparks fly.
The design took a few decades of a break then Oregon re introduces a better marketing and more precise sharpening design so almost any small saw can use it

I did video of me cutting a brick about a 1" deep then cutting log after resharpen and posted here and my website back in 2011.

Seems like a good connection to have, Eric. Nice to have someone like that to communicate with that is in the loop about current. Definitely stay in touch with him.

Any chance of him doing business with treehouse members? Advise that the Oregon dealers in some places suck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll try and keep in touch. He must have some pull because he was one of the people manning the Oregon booth at the ISA conference. Too bad I didn't stop to see him while we were there.
:-/

I occasionally entertain the notion of getting one of those powersharp things just for flush-cutting stumps.
Flush cutting to the ground any sizable stump would plug up the little chain instantly.

This is my remedy for a rocked out chain on my stumper saw. Quick and easy, only have to finish off with a file for cutting other then stumps.

20140327_110718.jpg 20140327_110549.jpg

No I don't need the disc , just use the regular 4 1/2" grinding disc. I finish off with the file......
Here's the 5 1/2" saw

Attachments

• 20140817_114053.jpg
    20140817_114053.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 24
Back