On The Water

Canadian hen sitting on her nest on the isle in our lake. I'd like to get closer than 100ish yards away, but that'd mean getting on the water and I don't want too on topic for the thread.

DSC05596.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
John and I are fishing a shark tournament with one of our climbers and his son ( the young climber ) this weekend. We are getting so excited. http://floridasportfishing.com/maga...shark-tournament-offers-exciting-fishing.html

Our arsenal will include 2 cases of chum, a gallon of menhaden oil and a liter of sheep blood. :\: We are getting together tonight for tacos and rigging. Captains meeting tomorrow night and fishing Saturday. Mike and his son live to fish and are especially good at shark fishing. We practiced last weekend and got some shirts to mark the occasion.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 33
No worries on that front, the shark will stay in the water, it is an all release tournament.

6:30am and I off to the bait store...fishing that shark tournament and need some chum. Wish us luck!

Well, we did not win, heck the only fin I saw all day was a dolphin at the end of the day. We did have fun though.
We were very excited to hear who did win. An 18 year old licenced Captain, who's dad is a friend of ours. His dad is the most excellent mate on The Main Attraction, http://www.mainattraction.org/ which is the boat we fished on for the Mothers Day tournament last year. So, kudos to the young man that won it. Some great fishing stories told on the dock last night.

Do you fish out in the middle of the ocean? I never caught anything like that, only around some structure like an oil rig.

No, the wind was blowing 30 knots, seas offshore were 6-7. I think everyone fished in the bay or at one of the bridges. We started out at some islands beyond the 7 mile bridge, stayed there till about 11 then were heading to the Bahia Honda bridge (where all the winning sharks were caught) and saw the hump of the 7 mile bridge and decided not to run down to Bahia Honda, but try it there. We would have missed the bite at the Bahia Honda anyway, it shut off at 11 am.

When we were at the islands, we could see another boat that was in the tournament. He caught the most sharks that day, just not the ones with the most point value.

Nice boat Brian! What kind is it? Is your trolling motor a 12 or 24 volt? The all white ones are made for salt water right?

Nice shirts Virginia!

I finally got out over the weekend, man what a LONG winter. No new pics, but a few from last year.

Attachments

• 0704081511a.jpg
    0704081511a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 39
  • look what I got.JPG
    look what I got.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 39
  • ewww dad.JPG
    ewww dad.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 5
  • captain mariah.JPG
    captain mariah.JPG