Omni 1.5 Double Sheave Pulley

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok cool. When using your ISC, is it still smooth when moving around left to right being that there's no swivel?

As I remember, there seemed to be enough play with the biner and sling to keep things in the right direction.

Or just get a hitchhiker or Ropewrench and you won't have to worry about all that.

I have tons to learn. That's why I joined this forum, want to gain more info on climbing. All I know is basically traditional system/split tail and hitch climber setup

Consider the SRT over the top of the crown method. You will need it for those built-up skirts that smother people, if you work on those types of palms.

I would consider a cinching set-up on a ring and ring adjustable friction saver to give you fall-arrest, and an emergency descent system, if you stick to DdRT.

I'd just go SRT with a cinching set-up, HH2, personally.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wiTCgiOxOpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A lot of climbing systems use a tending/ advancing tethers. This holds up the hitch/ device portion of the climbing system to help the rope advance down through the climbing system, more common with rope-walker systems.

I'm currently working for asplundh doing power line clearances. According to my foreman all that they 100% approve of is the split-tail tied with tautline or blakes hitch. I'm lucky to even use my hitch climber setup. SRT is out of the picture with this company.

I'm currently working for asplundh doing power line clearances. According to my foreman all that they 100% approve of is the split-tail tied with tautline or blakes hitch. I'm lucky to even use my hitch climber setup. SRT is out of the picture with this company.

You can use a DdRT system with a blake's hitch or tautline with an adjustable friction saver. Is the AFS not allowed? http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=11150

To me, not having fall arrest is statistically an accident waiting to happen. A lot of guys don't agree, or don't bother. A DdRT system progressed up a removal as you go, basically a second lanyard makes little sense to me. its only protection against cutting one tie-in, but no fall protection if you gaff out.

You can use a DdRT system with a blake's hitch or tautline with an adjustable friction saver. Is the AFS not allowed? http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=11150

Just watched the demo video with nick bonner showing this product. Pretty cool. First time I've seen how it works. For what application would I use this in? At asplundh I'm being trained to climb up to my TIP or a spot that I'm comfortable in to throw my rope over to tie in(while clipped in with my lanyard), then work the tree from the bottom up or top to bottom, depends on the situation. Always being lanyard in at all times. But like you said if any incident was to occur and I accidentally cut my lanyard, I'd be held up only by TIP. Also just getting up to set my TIP with just a lanyard and gaffing out will leave me to bear hug the tree and hang on.

Spar work, or any time you are working up a stem without wanting to keep recrotching over your head. A lot of climbers seem to run DdRT and a lanyard around a crotchless stem, meaning that if they slip, they are relying on the lanyard/ climb line to catch them, which might be a very short drop. Most likely its going to be a very sudden stop (as in shockloading your body), or skidding your body down the stem until you stop more gradually.

You can rappel/ lower-out without a crotch, and still be able to retrieve the Ring and Ring Friction saver (RnR FS) from the ground. You can set this from the ground with a throwline over a crotch. Again, SRT is way easier, no isolating.

The adjustable FS is the way to go...makes spar work much easier when using DDRT. Sean is steering you right.

Back