Official Guns Thread

The .25 Marauder. Not much use for Jim, he has no trees to hide behind.

Attachments

• 20191025_145215.jpg
    20191025_145215.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 4
Got a new tin of pellets today. Top hole is three shots. Dialed the adjustment and shot out the bullseye. 25 yards, which will actually be a long shot for what I'm doing at the moment. This gun is a long ways away from the cheap break barrels I had been shooting. And the cows don't even seem to notice I'm shooting in the barn! 20191028_171954.jpg

Nice! Back in the old days we could get good shots if the guy in the butts liked you and had a sharp pencil. It could go the other way if they were fast with the stickers.....

Tell me about it when you can shoot the top 12 feet out of a 200 foot tall Doug fir, in winter, after snowmobiling 30 miles deep into the deep woods with the temps flirting with 0 degrees F, without wind chill factor.

:D just a little challenge, my friends.

Jim, the break barrel guns require a lot of practice, especially being very consistent in how you hold them. Pre charged guns are just like powder guns, just with a rapidly dropping trajectory.

Yeah, I have a scoped Beeman R9, that is a high end break-barrel spring gun, for pests around the house. It can be very accurate, as in one hole groups at 25 yards, but you need to be one hundred percent consistent with your hold. Spring guns shoot more like a flintlock rifle, and require using an artillery hold.

That isn't much different than shooting plain jane .22 long rifle bolt action single shot on a 50 foot range. It's a slow ammunition, and you have to hold for a good long time to get consistent scores.

Springers are a bit different. True, consistency in hold is needed to get accuracy out of any airgun or firearm. With spring guns, when you cock the gun, you are compressing a powerful spring that will slam down the air chamber when you pull the trigger. There is a ton of powerful movement happening inside the gun before the pellet leaves the barrel. There is a distinct time lag where you must remain steady, keeping the crosshairs on target and not stop the gun's internal gyrations, until that pellet is actually on its way.

An artillery hold just allows the gun to move in a somewhat unrestricted manner. This is generally achieved by feather light touch of the cheek, an open hand at the balance point of the fore-end and letting your shoulder do most of the stabilizing.

It got its name by the fact that artillery moves around a lot but is still highly accurate.

Some guns I recently took pictures of (for sale):

Christensen Arms 1911 G5 TI
Christensen Arms CAR-15 Carbon Fiber ACOG 4x32 with RMR
Ruger RPR 308, Vortex Razor HD Gen 2
American Tactical AR Pistol, Glock Magwell, Sig Romeo 3

DSC03751.jpg
DSC03756.jpg
DSC03759.jpg
DSC03765.jpg

Damascus slide and titanium frame.... Very nice gun, but I'm more of a glocker.

Darkstar bought my previous "nice" 1911, A Wilson Combat something another.

Love that g5.
Most that stuff is made out of unobtanium for this .CA resident.

Oh, and on another note. Carl, been reloading for that Marlin I got from you. Got some 405g that just whallops stuf. Just really love that gun.

I just about let my gunsmith build me a damascus 1911.

It was going to be very expensive, and a long wait time from Caspian.

Not sure if they are back logged anymore or not.

He wouldn't build me a Pimp's gun....so I never did order a damascus gun!

( nickle 38 Super with pearl panels)

Back