Official Guns Thread

G23 is a fine pistol. One rides in my Ram’s console every day. Perfect size handgun, IMO. (Same exact size as the G19).
That's my favorite size the old 1911 commanderish
4" or so
I picked up a canik sc elite compact
Last summer IMG_20211120_114553.jpg
It's virtually the same size as the g19
But with a excellent trigger.

This one is coming home soon. I really wanted the Ruger LCR in .327 mag. snubby. But I found this one Buds Guns and had it shipped in. Still in CA gun jail till Saturday. .32 H&R Mag Charter Arms. It'll do for around the farm. Katy originally wanted a .22 Mag they had local in the Ruger. But for the price, I could have bought the .327 had there been one available. I had the reloading set up for .32 and .327 so ammo will be cheaper than the 22 Mag that is pretty hard to get right now and pricey. This will take care of any animals to be put down and small with 6 rounds for carry. Still going to keep an eye out for the .327 in lever and in the Ruger LCR.
32HRmag.jpg

So I took Katy with me to go do the pick up on the .32 mag Saturday night. Told her I was taking her out to dinner the next town over at one of our like to go places. She did not know about the purchase. Told her we had a stop first to do and pick up what I ordered the other night.
She got excited when she saw it.
I set up the silhouette stand target and we both shot it today. She found it fit her hand nice and was well balanced gor her. She diled right in and even took consecutive head shots at 15 and 20 feet. I did a couple draw and fires and nailed center mass from the same and head shots at 25 feet.
Probably take it out to the range Wed or something. Put some hotter rounds through it. Nice little gun. Light and fits in her pockets. Now Ill get a paddle holster for it for her. Fits my leather Bianchi's OWB I use for the Ruger SP 101 frame just fine.

They certainly are nice guns. Well to me at least. I also need to bring a Beretta 690 Black Edition over. My father bought it December 2020 and then didn’t really get to shoot it before the cancer got hold of him.
I have put more though it than he did.

8C89E693-2A6D-49BA-8938-3B20E9D6B6EF.jpeg DE0D3C8A-6981-4EB4-9ACA-ADC2342DC7BF.jpeg

Last edited:
You have inherited some mighty fine firearms, Rich. Really nice.

Do right by your father; treat them like gold, shoot them often.
:)

Thanks. Gotta walk before I run.
By that I mean I need to do a hunting course in Norway before I can import them. I am booked on a course last weekend in March and first weekend in April. So once that is in order.

I am looking forward to the day my boys can shoot one of their Grandads old guns.

Last edited:
Thanks. Gotta walk before I run.
By that I mean I need to do a hunting course in Norway before I can import them. I am booked on a course last weekend in March and first weekend in April. So once that is in order.

I am looking forward to the day my boys can shoot one of their Grandads old guns.

I heard the class and test over there is pretty indepth!

Valentine's Day can still be fun even if you broke up. Do you have information about a former (or current) partner involved in illegal gun activity? Let us know, and we will make sure it's a Valentine's Day to remember! Call 1-888-ATF-TIPS or email ATFTips@atf.gov. pic.twitter.com/OdDIPdIzkr

ATF HQ
ATF HQ (@ATFHQ) February 14, 2022

Back