O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Meh, I'll just make a monkeyfist and set a conventional pull line.

Keep us informed on how well it works! Who knows? Maybe it's the next big thing!

I still dont get it.
WTH not just throw a rope around the tree and get on with pulling it over?
Their is ALWAYS a little stub or branch to hold the rope up until you cinch it up

I still dont get it.
WTH not just throw a rope around the tree and get on with pulling it over?
Their is ALWAYS a little stub or branch to hold the rope up until you cinch it up
My thoughts exactly. A solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

But guys just think how handy thta woukld be for setting tongs on a tree that has fallen into a pond. Set tongs from shore and hoist out the log/tree without ever getting wet. I could have used that at least twice in my career!
Seriously, for us it would seem to be an ingenious solution to a problem that doesn't exist (like an Intenz bar) but many people are not the Master Manipulators of cordage that most of us have become. It probably IS faster for most people to slap tongs and press a release on the pole. In th ewoods the decreased security probably isn't an issue like it would be next to a home.

But guys just think how handy thta would be for setting tongs on a tree that has fallen into a pond. Set tongs from shore and hoist out the log/tree without ever getting wet. I could have used that at least twice in my career!
QUOTE]
But just Justin anything I can get a rope over by tossing I can reach the end with a pruner & pull it back to me.

I appreciate Swe#kipp bringing this here for a topic of discussion I even hope it works out for him. But I just cant see any use for it in my daily routine.

But guys just think how handy thta woukld be for setting tongs on a tree that has fallen into a pond. Set tongs from shore and hoist out the log/tree without ever getting wet. I could have used that at least twice in my career!

I have minions for that task 8)

Well I keep you informed on how it works :D
It may be a peace of junk or it could help me out in some situations !!!

120$ for tong and telepole, the pole will also work for pruning saws !

Bought a 064 Stihl off a guy the other day. Had the original bar & is like new.

I'll post some pics up soon.

just spooled 180 feet of black widow onto my chipper winch, it takes alot less room than 100 feet of 1/2"!

Got some new stuff

120' - NE High Vee
150' - NE High Vee
120' - Samson Arbor Plex
Aluminum Klein Climbers - (for worker; he's learning)
Couple new clips

Back