O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

If it's like a steel biner I have, none. The bar came separate, and I had to install it. It just acts as a trap to keep a line in place. I've been thinking about removing mine. I don't see much benefit, and it makes usage a little harder.

The captive bar is removable with a screwdriver you silly gooses. I will use it for MA on limb walks using a SCAM arrangement or for an MRS low friction redirect with a Pinto and my Perfect O. I can also use it for hauling shit up into the tree, among other uses.

See from minute 3:21 on in this video from the Treemagineers...

Also gotz me a GoPro Hero 12 Black and mounted that bitch to my helmet like a boss. Also have a tripod/selfie stick for it and a flexible clip mount for in the trees. In this photo it looks much bigger than it actually is because of the perspective.

#YoureJealousAndItsOkay #LikeABoss

PXL_20231229_024644677~2.jpg

The captive bar is removable with a screwdriver you silly gooses. I will use it for MA on limb walks using a SCAM arrangement or for an MRS low friction redirect with a Pinto and my Perfect O. I can also use it for hauling shit up into the tree, among other uses.

See from minute 3:21 on in this video from the Treemagineers...

Now that's a guy who luvs him some shiny gear :). Complicated stuff for complicated climbing. My drt style has always been a bit less so. But it's darn cool to watch.

Now that's a guy who luvs him some shiny gear :). Complicated stuff for complicated climbing. My drt style has always been a bit less so. But it's darn cool to watch.
I honestly don't view it as "complicated," because it's really isn't. Does it require more pieces of equipment than you may use yourself? Perhaps. I see learning such techniques as an opportunity to grow, to expand my abilities, and to remain up to date with the most advanced climbing techniques available. But most of all, I see it as a way to have fun.

I realize many of you prefer the most efficient systems possible, which oftentimes require as little gear as possible, but I relish in a new opportunity to buy new equipment and to pursue new avenues for becoming one with the trees.

Is it necessary? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Are you wrong for viewing it the way you do? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Could I redirect more simply? MOST DEFINITELY. It's a matter of preference and we all have many of those.

You forgot sticky! You could walk up a wall after climbing a pine :^D
No, this is AZ, our pines don't piss! Dry climate, slow growth, tight rings, dense wood. When you do get sappy, it's like tar. Get enough on you, it chips off. Rope on rope? Cordage systems go full lock, saw gas being the key. I've had to empty my tophandle tank onto a hitch so I could get down to poop.

Yes. 11.5mm rope.

Shhh, Knoto, I climb on 200' of the stuff. You can see it in my avatar. I was making conversation, and attempting to get his opinion.

I don't use anything in that photo, but the rope, thus I have nothing add, and can only hope to take away so much for my own use.

Also, my rope is dead end at both ends, no eye splice or anything. With the end well melted, it's far easier for me to fight it through a high tight crotch, especially with grabby bark.

Shhh, Knoto, I climb on 200' of the stuff. You can see it in my avatar. I was making conversation, and attempting to get his opinion.

I don't use anything in that photo, but the rope, thus I have nothing add, and can only hope to take away so much for my own use.

Also, my rope is dead end at both ends, no eye splice or anything. With the end well melted, it's far easier for me to fight it through a high tight crotch, especially with grabby bark.
Why not just ask for his opinion of the rope instead of asking rhetorical questions? :?

What does that say about me that i first thought it was the baby shark song and not beethoven's 5th? :lol:
The version my wife sings has a different tune than pinkfong's version. They're both brainworms.

But to answer your question, your dad is showing. It's OK, you can let it hang out here lolz

Back