O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

That's some great capability.

Lotta folks wouldn't bother repainting a FB or, eg, a skidder...

I saw those listed somewhere. I assume Stihl doesn't make them. Do you know who the original manufacturer is?

$333 all in. Dunno if it works yet :^D I'll fuel it up and tune it when I'm ready to use it. Another difference between a sawshop and a kubota dealer. A sawshop would have fueled it and made sure it was tuned right.

I hefted a 601 and 7310 while I was waiting. Felt good in-hand. I'd be interested in running them, but those are the sizes where I'd buy Stihl.

IMG_20230329_155246134_HDR.jpg

That's probably close to what a 2511 would be here without the 15% off sale day. I don't see echo vary much from list. I got a bit of a deal on my cs400 when I bought it. It was the usual list price, but the dealer included a hard case, which was a pretty good deal. That's worth $40-$50 if bought alone.

It has no smell! This will be the first saw I've had where I've been the first person to start it up. I even smelled the gas tank. Nothing!

edit:
Thinking about it, that's not true. I'm pretty sure I was the first to run all my echoes aside from the used one I got, and my poulan pros were probably unused also. I guess I was thinking of my Stihl's where they were pre setup for me. This was definitely the first time I sniffed the gas tank and didn't smell fuel though.

Last edited:
I can't get anywhere with cleaning. I spend huge amounts of time on tiny details, and get nowhere. I spend a couple hours, and have one drawer impeccably organized, while everything else still looks like a disaster. A week later, and that drawer will look like everything else again :^D

I can't get anywhere with cleaning. I spend huge amounts of time on tiny details, and get nowhere. I spend a couple hours, and have one drawer impeccably organized, while everything else still looks like a disaster. A week later, and that drawer will look like everything else again :^D
I have this thing where I will grab one handfull of stuff for one drawer, throw it in and call it a day
then take 2 handfulls out when I work on equipment, it gets thrown on the floor and kicked to the side to make room
cant find a tool? its on the bench, ontop of the welder, or on the floor but never in the toolbox

Or it just disapeared in a space time gap, nowhere to be found, even in some stupid locations. :X
I have 3 sets of flat wrenches but I can never find the useful ones.
attachment.php

Got my new edging mill today...

IMG_20230415_165714158_HDR.jpg

Instructions for assembly are small, and not really instructions anyway. It's looking at a picture you can't blowup, and using logic to determine parts placement. Welds don't look terrific, but as long as everything holds together, it should work fine. That's the real test of chinese tools. Most at least look functional, but will fall apart when used. I need to buy or mill a guideboard, do final setup for cut angle, and it should be ready to go.

edit:
It came with this special scrench...

IMG_20230415_171153364.jpg

Is that a work of art, or what!? :^D

Last edited:
19D208C3-A080-415A-804B-D27180E2E24D.jpeg
Finally ordered one. To be completely honest, the thing is great. Swapped packs four times in 11 hours of pretty intense work. Each time was instant relief.
Also I wore my arborwear dogwoods for the first time today. So much lighter and cooler than the ironwoods or the stihl sawpants.

Mandolin slicers do have a reputation for being dangerous. I've never used one, but I'd be more comfortable with a chainsaw. Familiarity I guess :^D

$117 all in...

IMG_20230419_104849959_HDR.jpg

Got it from the consignment shop, and I can't figure out it's story. Looks virtually unused. Chain and bar look brand new, a couple pieces of leaves under the cover, and a pristine air filter. Moderate-heavy scuffing on the bottom. Looks like it was slid across concrete. A little smoky, and the chainbrake's very sensitive, but it otherwise works fine.

Back