O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

My GF has to brace herself, boots on ground.

Certainly has a torque-reaction/ reflex/whatever the word is I'm looking for, like stepping on an accelerator pedal.

Enough I notice it, too.

Idk if you can wear those front and back, as seen in pictures of the BR600.

I might try dual 800s instead of rakes.

My shoulders like it. My truck is solidly packed, as is.
Probably can store some excess ropes, and make space for it.

Good Stuff! A dinosaur-powered material handler is a game changer!
What loader are you looking at putting on the trailer?

The far side fender looks normal, the near side appears to be far to the rear. Is that what you mean?

optical illusion. both are the same distance from the gate. I put a kubota BX with a root/log grapple. although small, the loader and ballast box weight almost 3000 lbs

I'm thinking it's an optical illusion, look at the back side and it looks normal..... black paint can make stuff look weird at times.

optical illusion. both are the same distance from the gate. I put a kubota BX with a root/log grapple. although small, the loader and ballast box weight almost 3000 lbs
I might have opted for the MC Escher package myself, axles impossibly mismatched. I knew they were the same, but look a long way back.

When loaded down, I wonder if you'll have a lot of tongue-weight, with a uniform load.

I've been investigating weight-distributing hitches lately. Who has experience with them?

I've been around hauling stuff my whole life and have never seen one in person, other than passing a few on the interstate. Bigger truck is the answer, not that stuff. Gooseneck for bigger loads until you start talking air brakes.

Yeah, that trailer would be sweet as a goose neck. My flat trailer, whom ever made it, balanced the whole trailer on the wheels. A guy can pretty much pick up the tongue unloaded, 2 axles. So when we load it, need to make sure to go heavy on the tongue. Even with the mini front loaded, logs from 3.6 feet back is right on the edge of the tongue being light. Can't have anything hang off the back for certain. 14 feet.

I've used one. USFS rig. Seemed to work well as intended. Kept the hitch weight down.

The truck was a Chev. 3500 4x4 six pack with a utility bed. The trailer was a 16 foot flatbed with dual axles, rated 7k lb. each. Electric brakes. The trailer empty weighed about 3k. We hauled some pretty heavy stuff on it...fork lifts, 50 hp Ford tractor with bucket, 6 or 8 pallets of fertilizer.

My trailer guru says put 10% of the weight of the loaded trailer on your hitch

When loaded down, I wonder if you'll have a lot of tongue-weight, with a uniform load.
That.
Just count the spacers in the railing : 4 in front of the axles, only 2 on the rear side. The axles are way off center, like the rear axle should come in front of the first one to get the loading area balanced (as is, empty).
Mick's suggestion about the digger seems correct to me.

Depending on what I was hauling, it could run from easy to impossible to get that hitch weight right. With a forklift, it was easy...plenty of room to chain it down a few inches forward or aft to get things right. That's all it took, with a small dense load.

With the tractor, there was only one place to park it due to size...back it on and the hitch weight was too heavy, put it on forward and it was too light. So back it on, and with the load leveling hitch bars torqued hard, it worked fine.

Well, 10% is what he told me, he's been selling trailers and plows and welding etc forever. By hitch I mean on the back of your truck, not a fifth wheel

I try to place as much of the load on the axles as possible. I learned that from driving my 6" chipper around and trying different orientations for the chute. Too far forward and the chipper drives the truck. Too far back and the truck rear end is light. Center and the ride is smooth. Almost like a Goldilocks soup.

Back