NHRA

vharrison

Island Girl
Seems we lost our old thread that Jason started. The first final of this year's season is tonight. Coverage starts at 7-7:30 pm est. John Force is back in his car after his wreck from last year. Amazing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where is the race??

They start the year and end the year in Pamona, CA. Cobleskill, John goes to the Gator Nationals EVERY year, for the last 20 years. What started as an overnight event has turned into a 5 day vacation for him. :what: Fun times are had every year!

JIML, which National event do you go to in September, the US Nationals in Indianapolis? Every year John says we should go to that...course he says we should go to Pamona at the end of the year also! He never misses the GATOR NATIONALS though!

Yeah, it was quite the party. The first time we stayed in a park just south of the strip and it was a zoo. No problems with the law or the crowd. Just a good time for all. Not cheap for tickets though.

Yeah, it was quite the party.
The stories he came home with in the early days were hilarious. They stayed at a campground operated by the rotary or somebody like that. The party went on all night. They have since rented a motorhome and stay right at the track. Trust me, they still have a ball!

You going this year?

No, my buddy I grew up with in w. new york had a place over by Tallahasse got me going. He died 2 summers ago so I doubt it. His wife and another buddy that went would love to . My son was living in sc and him and his girlfriend met me at the track. We watched from the finsh line in the Mac tool area and I told him he should go check the start line but plug your ears. He listened to the burnout and figured his ears could handle that. Big mistake. You can feel the ground shake under your feet. He woudn't know rich and bruce from w palm beach would he. Rich was a mac tool dealer and bruce a wrench.

They start the year and end the year in Pamona, CA. Cobleskill, John goes to the Gator Nationals EVERY year, for the last 20 years. What started as an overnight event has turned into a 5 day vacation for him. :what: Fun times are had every year!

JIML, which National event do you go to in September, the US Nationals in Indianapolis? Every year John says we should go to that...course he says we should go to Pamona at the end of the year also! He never misses the GATOR NATIONALS though!

oh yah, us nationals. Good time. When I was younger i used to go with dad for the whole weekend. We missed a year but last year made it up for friday qualifying. Watching the top fuel/funny cars at night is a blast...

We brought a couple of my buddies last year. They had never seen them in person before. First run was just a single car. The look on their faces was priceless. :lol::lol::lol: Just couldn't believe something could be so fast and so loud!

Cool Gigi... I missed it yesterday if it was televised.

I plan on going to the Northwest nationals this year. I haven't been there in about 5 years. I love the smell of Nitro in the morning!!! :)8)

Gary

G, is that at Skagit speedway? I think they have an NHRA event up here in Mission most years, I have yet to go.

Paully, Skagit is Sprint Cars... 360 and 410 sprints. Dirt track roundy round stuff... still fun to go to it though. If you don't mind a little dirt in your beer!

I went to Mission Dragway eons ago... would like to go again someday. They have the NHRA Sportsman classes points events up there every year. Since they are part of NHRA Division 6. There are 2 other tracks up there in the Division too... North Central Motorsports Park in Prince George BC, and Nl'akapxm (don't ask me how to pronounce it... LOL) Eagle Motorplex in Ashcroft BC.

The closest dragstrip to you here in WA is at Pacific Raceways (PR). It was formerly Seattle International Raceway (SIR). It used to be a shithole... and the NHRA threatened to stop comin' to the PNW years ago. Then about 8 years ago some new investors bought the joint and completely revamped it. They even paved the pit roads! :thumbup: It's waaaayyyyy more better. They got a motocross track, and a road race track there now too... and according to their website they are doing another complete overhaul of the facility. There was a episode of "Pinks" filmed at the track last year, and there was heavy equipment trackside waiting for the film crews to leave so they could start tearing up the entire track and redo it.

If ya feel like makin' a trip to the drags down here, let me know! I'm gonna try to hit the track a few times this year, and also go to the Northwest Nationals in July. 8)

If I get my Muscle Truck runnin' by the summer I will be headed there on one of the test and tune days to see how she runs...

I love the drags mang!

Gary

whoa, just saw the Pedragon / Force race from the weekend on the highlights reel, whutta bang!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99IfK3xQU4I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99IfK3xQU4I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
apparently he is ok with burns to his right hand.

Gator Nationals are this weekend. John will make his annual trip, picking up a friend in Winter Springs, then on to Gainesville, Fl.

Thanks for the offer Brian, but he will barely blink going through Orlando, they are so intent on getting to Gainesville.

Back