NHRA

I got to meet John Force a few years ago during a interview we did for speedworld. He called us hotsaw guys insane, like going 300+ is'nt ? Anyway he took me through all his trailers for a private tour and a B.S. session. One hell of a nice guy and a real down to earth guy. Another racer there 240 gordy bonnin got me on the track standing behind the guy who trips the lights durring the finals, what a rush. Also got to sit in and start a top fueler (while it was on stands) I gotta tell you it shakes so violently that you're spittin yer teeth out like chicklets when they turn it off. One hell of a weekend I'll never forget. I still talk to these boys often and have stayed at there house from time to time. There's a few stories there fer sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got to meet John Force a few years ago during a interview we did for speedworld. He called us hotsaw guys insane, like going 300+ is'nt ? Anyway he took me through all his trailers for a private tour and a B.S. session. One hell of a nice guy and a real down to earth guy. Another racer there 240 gordy bonnin got me on the track standing behind the guy who trips the lights durring the finals, what a rush. Also got to sit in and start a top fueler (while it was on stands) I gotta tell you it shakes so violently that you're spittin yer teeth out like chicklets when they turn it off. One hell of a weekend I'll never forget. I still talk to these boys often and have stayed at there house from time to time. There's a few stories there fer sure.

You lucky dog!!! We have been following John's racing for 20 plus years! Give us another story!!

They were rained out yesterday, no qualifying. Hopefully the weather will hold today.

Here is the best race t-shirt I have seen

Attachments

• DSCN3986.JPG
    DSCN3986.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 29
All of John Force's cars are in the show! Melanie Troxel and her husband's cars are on the trailer.:( I like Melanie.

Well, none of Force's cars won, Prudome did. My John said Force is walking with a limp, understandably.

I saw that last night. That sucks by itself, but especially when there's small children left behind.

I was messin' around with friends at the house last night, and my dad called to tell me what happened. I couldn't believe it. That is 2 deaths in Top Fuel in 2 years... first was Eric Medlen and now Scotty.

I got to meet Scott and his dad Connie back in the early 90's at Seattle International Raceway... :)

Very sad day yesterday indeed...

R.I.P. Scotty

Gary

Sad to hear about Scott Kalitta. Got to meet him in Denver at Bandimere Mile High Nationals a few years ago. I didnt know he had kids...

Very nice tribute tonight during finals. Scott's team, the ones that stayed behind, stood as Robert Height ran a slow run down the track. Very sad.

I'm recording the race... so don't tell me who wins. :)

I've been out in the garage workin' on my hot rod truck. Lookin' forward to seein' the tribute to Scotty.

Gary

I have a theory about this. I think that the performance of the cars today has surpassed a human's ability to control it.

Actually Steve... it has a lot to do with the tracks they race on too... A lot of the tracks that are on the circuit were built in the 50's and 60's when TF cars were going 200 MPH... now they are going 330 MPH...

The shut down area needs to be a lot longer and the "sand trap" needs to be safer. Scott hit a pole at the end of the sand trap. Those poles should not be there...

Gary

Back