New Website

Ol' Hickory

TreeHouser
Hi all, I was looking for some feedback on the new website:

www.statecollegetreeremovalservices.com

It isn't finished yet but I'm looking for comments and suggestions. I realize it isn't very informative to the customers yet, but how about the general appearance and layout?

Thanks.

At the very bottom left hand corner on all of the pages, the facebook "like" button runs into the "Cities" word and they overlap. Right now I am in the latest version of Explorer.

My only other comment is that I feel your home page is way too long and over complicated. I have always heard that your homepage needs to be very short and to the point. If you loose people at the homepage, they will never go on and look at the rest of the page. Again, I have always heard that your homepage needs to fit entirely on the screen of the computer without scrolling down.

It sure looks like you put a bunch of time and effort into this so far. Keep up the good work, you should be proud.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At the very bottom left hand corner on all of the pages, the facebook "like" button runs into the "Cities" word and they overlap.

I've tried to fix this a couple times with no luck. I'll keep after it though.

My only other comment is that I feel your home page is way too long and over complicated. I have always heard that your homepage needs to be very short and to the point. If you loose people at the homepage, they will never go on and look at the rest of the page. Again, I have always heard that your homepage needs to fit entirely on the screen of the computer without scrolling down.

I've read this too. Google isn't crawling my other pages well enough yet though so I wanted more keywords on the front page. It could be a mistake but I thought I'd try it.

It sure looks like you put a bunch of time and effort into this so far. Keep up the good work, you should be proud.

Yes, my wife wanted to boot me out several times. lol

Many thanks to all for the feedback!

I am not a techie but from what I understand you can tag keywords behind the scenes, so to speak. Google can tell if you are taking advantage either way and trying to cram too many key words into your pages. I dont understand how all of this stuff works. My partners father did our website so we didn't have to deal with it. He is the IT guy at a local school district and he used to teach computer stuff at a tech school as well. He sure knows his stuff.

It might take some time to get things just so so .Incidently my wife has a cousin who lives in State College Pa .

What I saw looked good...a word I did not see in tags or anywhere.....pruning...might be a good one to have.

Thanks, I got it in the tags now. I intend to do a whole page on pruning eventually.

Yes, bringing in lots of work. I have enough work to last until winter already. A good bit is commercial work though.

Back