New Tribe

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 5K
The only complaint I heard was that it crushed/squeezeed some lab on a lass.

Just being direct.
Not trying to offend.

Though I have one as my back up and love it.
Though I'm a lad and not a lass.

I personally know two women who climb in New Tribe saddles, and they both swear by them. After all, New Tribe is majority run by women climbers...

I personally know two women who climb in New Tribe saddles, and they both swear by them. After all, New Tribe is majority run by women climbers...

That doesn't make the saddle any less manly ;)

I have had the Pro Model for about 3 yrs. now. I like it a lot. I have the large Ds.
My biggest complaint is how this saddle will twist & turn on my torso. I still believe a lot of young climbers have never experianced a saddle that stays put. It is still the most all around comfortable saddle I have.

My biggest complaint is how this saddle will twist & turn on my torso. I still believe a lot of young climbers have never experianced a saddle that stays put. It is still the most all around comfortable saddle I have.

I know just what you mean.

The TreeFlex has not twisted on me at all.

I love my Progear. The only downside for this saddle is when going up SRT, it likes to cruise up toward the bottom of my ribs, tends to restrict breathing a bit. The other downside is you can spin the saddle in circles almost. I'm sending mine in to se if they can sew on a large patch of the fuzzy side of velcro on the inside of the belt. Hopefully that will mitigate the sliding around.

I love my Progear. The only downside for this saddle is when going up SRT, it likes to cruise up toward the bottom of my ribs, tends to restrict breathing a bit. The other downside is you can spin the saddle in circles almost. I'm sending mine in to se if they can sew on a large patch of the fuzzy side of velcro on the inside of the belt. Hopefully that will mitigate the sliding around.

Might it not perhaps be a bit too large for you, Dave? I don't have those problems with mine.

The hooky side of the velcro would work mo' better, methinks :lol:.

Thats why the fuzzy half is the way to go. My gunbelts have it sewn on the inside to prevent the rig sliding against clothing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just played a little bit and I gotta say...... not wild about it. Not enough to go sweat it up and put a chainsaw on it to see if I REALLY dont like it. Super comfortable to hang from but I think I rely on the sliding bridge more than I know in awkward positions. Just doesnt strike me as a work positioning saddle with options. Hmmmm.. hope they are cool about returns. How does one know until you hang!

Back