New Chipper for TreeCareLA, too!

Those tier 4 diesels must be pricey out your way Nick. That being said, I doubt you could find a used chipper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are the numbers and everything that we're looking at right now. Karina just basically talked me into the diesel by saying, "you've been saving $1,500/month to pay off your truck fast. That's done this month, so you just do it for 3 more months and you got the diesel."

I like how she thinks.

The Vermeer is still in the running, pending price and engine options.

chipper chart nov 2012.png

Our Vermeer dealer told us there are no engine options for the 900. Just a 40hp Kohler gas. It will be interesting to see what price you are quoted. I wonder if the price will be the same as here in WI. I am sure the taxes will be much higher for you.

nick, check out a co in the bay area...cal line equipment... in livermoore, they get some sweet used bandits,
robin at b and m equipment in yorba linda had some new bandits as well

I got my 2004 1590 bandit for 21K with only 400hrs and a 140hp perkins. I think you could find a great deal on used as well check treetrader.com. I definitely agree get as much HP as you can and definitely go DIESEL you will not regret it. The money seems like a lot up front but just like your truck once it's yours it's yours for good and you'll be glad you spent more $ and got more in the long run.

jp:D

Chipper looks good Dylan, I absolutely love our winch on ours. Don't think I could do tree work around here without it...too steep and tight for machines to access most spots. How many hours are on that machine?

Well, the chipper is sitting in my cul-de-sac, waiting to be run tomorrow. I was dismantling a limby pine today, it had been topped at some point, and the lower limbs proceeded to grow like gangbusters! I was up and down that 60' four times today! That rig will get a workout, but on first glance the major advantage the bc1000 has over the bandit is maneuverability. The job will be a good test, because if I can squeeze the machine into the site...uhhh...I forget where i was going with this. Oh...then it will be good.

Just flipped through the thread, congrats nick on your first chipper!

My first was a vermeer 935. It was smaller than what id run before but i liked the way it ran and it was easy on my truck. When the old man smashed it up, i upsized to a 1250. there are times id like to go back to the smaller machine, then we take out something that would take twice the time vs. the larger machine. my 1250 has the curbside and we do use it occasionally but usually only when we have a little bit left to chip and are trying to avoid the shutdown of a dump run.

Both mine have been vermeer as that was what was available when needed. If i was to shop for new, Id go morbark.

If you could find a vermeer 935, Ive got 3 sets of sharp knives and an anvil (new). Id just left the sharpening shop when i got hit, now i have 3 sets of knives for a chipper i dont own.

Dylan,

With 7000 hours, it might be like buying a high mile BMW. Still life left with performance, but the cheapest operating time is long gone.

Is there a maintenance/ repair log?

IDK what kind of market value that chipper has, and its hard for anyone to guess, but I'd start offering a low dollar amount, relatively, if you like it. You can always go up. Consider what payments will be like for a new machine compared to an old one.

Back