new 70cc saw?

Most run Aspen 2 FRT pre-mixed 2-stroke alkylate petrol (50:1) if I remember right.

Pretty cost effective for them compared to pump gas and storage life.

Except that alkylate costs about $13/gallon.
It is good, but it ain't cheap.

The few that don't run Alkylate makes my parts suppliers happier.
It is a rare occasion a saw with alkylate has fuel issues.
I don't have any pro customers that run on pump gas anymore. A few farmers/semipro's and some home owners.
Q8 2-stroke Alkylate cost 19SKr/liter, Aspen 2-stroke costs 20-30Skr/liter. Buy Aspen on pump at dealer and more than 100l you get it under 20SKr/liter (depending on how you buy and seller) and in pump you pay 15Skr/liter. Then you need a good oil that mix with that stuff... Pump gas never was more crappy than now here...

Problem is it is a risk in changing fuels so best is to stick with what you use until you strip it and clean/rebuild.

This go for changes in fuels as well as change of oil in it.
Each combo has its properties...

Bump

I wonder what throttle cable lube @Magnus found he prefers?
I'm not Magnus but I use a lot of the Blaster chain and cable lubricant available at Home Depot for about $5 per can. I used to use Lubri Plate but you can't find it any more. When you do it is about $12-15 per can with a 12 can (case) minimum. The Blaster is almost as good for a third the price.

RE the OP, the 572 is a monster, great saw. Light, small, strong.

I work for a guy in Oahu that runs husky.. first time w 562, 572, @nd 592…. Tricky to start takes a recipe but ripper saws.

Back