new 70cc saw?

PCTREE

Treehouser
Sure its been talked to death but what do you guys like for a 70cc saw? Ive been running 046s for years but of late my old ass saws have been unreliable.

whats husky got??

Lol.

Pc, whatever you do, don't buy a current 372

Whenever I need a 70cc saw, I grab a 95cc saw.:lol: Only because my 372 hasn't been properly resuscitated. I've heard great things about the 576, but haven't run one myself. New 372 is no good, as mentioned.

I'm quite a fan of my ms461, but that's the first saw I've used that size so I really have nothing to compare it to. Husky dealer support in my area is nonexistent, otherwise I probably would have tried the 576xp.

Doesn't Stig use a 461? Or is it a 661?

I think the 461 is a good too Chris. Dont have one, but I have friends that like them.

But, if you guys cant make up yer minds, just take the guts outta yer Pro Mac 850 and run some 100LL through it.

Not sure bout cc. I run an older 044 great saw never lets me down. I prefer stihl but dont mind husky 044 pictured in rear of 036. I like older style stihls all of the ones i got have the screw style knobs..I dislike flip caps.
IMG_20150415_134400.jpg

The 461 is a great saw & an improvement on the 460. Ran one for a few days without issues & was impressed with the power. The anti-vibes are much better, but not as good as the 441.
I run a 441c - great limbing & cutting saw, but does not have the same power in the big cuts as the 461

461 is decent. Smoother then its predecessors. Husky 576 has been on the market for years. It's a reliable saw. Yes it's heavy. However, its smooth in a way I can't describe and its power band is nice in wood. The goods outweigh the bad side of being a tad heavy. New edition 372's suck, especially when compared to the original 372's. jonsered saws are great. It's a husky, literally, but tend to run $100 cheaper then the corresponding husky model. Jonsered ergonomics aren't for everyone. The angles have grown on me though. I don't know what jonsered model corresponds with the husky 576. I'd personally not bother with the Stihl 441. It's not bad, but there's much better to be had in that size class

Iv had a 441 since they came out, must be about 7-8 years old. Ran just 200T and that for nearly 5 years, it's done some serious work.

I think I'd buy a 461 now, although the 576 is very nice too.

I've had a 461 for all of last season. It's been a good saw, imo it doesn't really pull like a 460/046 but my judgement could be skewed from having run a couple of modded ones.

Back