MythBusters

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Does anyone else enjoy this show? And there's a new show called Smash Lab that's about the same thing. I like the crazy stuff they do!
cheers2.gif

I love Myth Busters!!! I have een the previews of Smash Lab, it looks good, but...................?
I can't remeber the name, but the one where they remake old weapons looks REALLY good. I've got to get a DVR!!!!

I like mythbusters, especially when Adam gets to bring out the blast protection wall thingies or he doesnt and loses an eyebrow or two, or Buster gets his arse kicked.... The gals on the show are pretty cool too.

dude Jonny, WTF R U doing up so late man? go get some z's. I am fixing to momentarily.

Tree Guy loves Mythbusters so I watch it sometimes. Like it - don't love it. Maybe it's more of a guy thing?

We're big fans here... no TV these days though so I haven't seen it in a while.

They have some inter-arresting stuff; but sometimes not all that scientific; like the rockets on the swing that were aimed wrong etc.

It's a great show. It's on one of the few stations I show interest in...History Channel, Discovery Channel, TLC, and HGTV.

TV sucks otherwise.

I know I'm a broken record but until they stop advertising or reverse things and pay me to have broadcasting in my home. Forget it, not interested.

I think my favorite three would be #1 Myth Busters, #2 Dirty Jobs, #3.....I don't know, a toss up between History and the one where they show how things work.

(watched "man eating lions" today while folding a week's worth of laundry)

I like the alaska crab fishin show, dangerous catch... go Sig!
and I agree with Gary, Kari is a hottie. :)

I'm with you on that Brendon, the only other channel is TCM, I enjoy the old movies. Other than that TV sux.

I like the alaska crab fishin show, dangerous catch... go Sig!
and I agree with Gary, Kari is a hottie. :)

Sig Hansen and his lot are from just up Island from me in Anacortes.

During the off season you can sit in the Elk's and eat breakfast with them damn near every mornin' around 7:30...

Cool bunch of guys. :)

I was doin' some part time construction (framing) over in Anacortes a few years back and was workin' with the guy on Sig's boat named Nick Mavar. Dude is a nut. This was all about 6 years ago, before the whole Discovery channel crab fishin' thing was goin' on. Nick was tryin' to get me to take 2 weeks of leave from the Navy to go with him crab fishin' in Alaska... Guess I shoulda went... ;)

Anyways... back on topic... Mythbusters is filmed over at the old NAS Alameda across the harbor from San Fran...

Gary

no schitt? Heck, maybe I need to go to Whidbey to visit, take in a breakfast with the Hansens.. where's that darn passport?

I know I'm a broken record but until they stop advertising or reverse things and pay me to have broadcasting in my home. Forget it, not interested.

It's supposed to be an equitable trade. You listen to a few ads, they let you see their show.
I got one of those VCR boxes, so I can record upcoming shows, then when I watch them, I can fast forward through the commercials, it only takes about 3 seconds.
A typical show is a 1/2 an hour long. I can watch the wholer thing in 15 minutes, including messing around with the Tevo.

Mythbusters is funny, I do like that chick, she's hot.
One episode I liked, was when they tried to squish a little car between two speeding semi-trucks.

I like Man vs. Wild.
That nut spears a fish, rips it off the spear, and eats it as it's flapping around in his hands.
That's some good entertainment. :drink:

I like Mythbusters...but sometimes they don't know what they are doing. I think they went through the "Robin Hood Shot" twice before somebody who understands archery explained how they were screwing their own test up.

I like Man vs. Wild.
That nut spears a fish, rips it off the spear, and eats it as it's flapping around in his hands.
That's some good entertainment. :drink:

What is the "show"? Sounds like trying to make reality TV out of everyday life.
:P

:P that guy is kinda entertaining, but is he the one that was accused of staging stuff for the cameras?

I remember mutual of omaha shows, they were accused of the staging stuff too, no?

:P I remember mutual of omaha shows, they were accused of the staging stuff too, no?
What that animal show from years back that you are watching reruns from?... Balderdash! Paul, you silly Canadian:D
Hows the wife doing Paul?

not watching reruns, just remembering watching them years ago. Wife is doing good, just getting a little frustrated with the kicks and stretches inside. Babies room is almost emptied of office stuff, ready to be refilled with furniture for tots etc. :D

Merlin Perkins on Mutual of Omaha.......? I liked that show. Our family would all sit down together and watch that one on Sunday nights, if I remember correctly.

I liked the way they handled the predator-prey thing, back then......you always knew the prey (so often a baby something) would always get away, even if it was the last minute. NOW, it turns out to be a meal just as often as not. I don't like to see that on TV.....fantasy is a good thing sometimes.

Back