My Papa

That was very enjoyable, Justin. Your father is quite an interesting man. Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Butch, Yeah. That is the bow he built for my birthday last year.-I cut the tree, he made the bow using my wood and rawhide from our javalina hunt in early '07.

Thanks guys.

Good interview, your dad makes some beautiful bows Justin.

Justin, that is just amazing! Do you have that gift? One of the bows looked like it had snake skin on it, did it? :\: I also noticed what looked like price tags, care to share the range of prices?

Gigi, Yes, many of his bows are backed with snakeskin. Prices range from $125 for a kid's selfbow up to $2500plus for a sheephorn bow. Most of his sinewbacked hunting bows are in the $550 to $850 range depending upon materials and artwork. I've done a little bowmaking but have difficulty finding the time/energy.

Gigi, Yes, many of his bows are backed with snakeskin. Prices range from $125 for a kid's selfbow up to $2500plus for a sheephorn bow. Most of his sinewbacked hunting bows are in the $550 to $850 range depending upon materials and artwork. I've done a little bowmaking but have difficulty finding the time/energy.

He mentioned that you have to know how to get it right, do you have that gift? Oh, and what about the arrows, does he make those as well?

Gigi, Yes , I am pretty good at ratio and proportion and visualization. Dad doesn't do arrows-I make arrows for him.
Jer, Actually I'm coming up on 45. That was filmed last year. Dad is now 65.

Sure, but they are nothing spectacular. I'll have to take some pics.

Back