My dream chipper

Always so full of tact Ed.:lol:

I gots no use for a tracked chipper myself. But they sure look cool!:)

That'd be awesome on those jobs when we can blow the chips on-site. Otherwise, naw... I'll pass.

They do look neat.
Sorry, maybe I am idiot, but why? Unless you are out in the woods and can blow chips everywhere I don't see what you gained? You still have to have a box, or a truck that you have to move?
Maybe I am missing the whole point, just asking.

Andy, track chippers in europe nearly outsell wheeled versions. If your doing cros country powerline work, working on railroads, want to leave the chips on site, or are working a clearence job, a tracked chipper is invaluable. Probably not the most practical for domestic / residential work though.
I've used some biggies...
Jenz%20HEM700%20Tiger%20P3130012%20small%20.JPG

I can see that Ed, like I said, if you can blow it out in the open.
I can see it being handy doing orchard work etc. as well.

But yes, doing residential, I can't see where you gain anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In Albemarle Co. VA you need to have 2 acres to get a building permit so it seems like you can usually find somewhere to "broadcast" chips when you make the price insentive right, Ive always wanted to put my chipper on tracks.....

Butch, "broadcasting my chips" is what I did in my bachelor days.

Now I prefer to blow them into the same box.

;)

Gees NE tree, i like your post ,but man ,you got to rid me,,, please? of looking at Tom everytime i read one>
That coffee cup and him smiling in front of the PC is making me feel sick.
Yo ...:cry:

A company I used to work for has at least 6 1400s. Only minor issues.

I put near 500 hrs. on one when I ran a crew for them.

But Ed & I disagree on the merits of Gravley Chippers also.

But Ed & I disagree on the merits of Gravley Chippers also.

I had a couple of Gravelys and I liked them. Chips were extremely fine, even on palm fronds. Another chipper I found that matches them for extreme fineness of chips is the Morbark 2070XL. A lot can be packed in a small box when the chipper makes all the chips the size of a dime or smaller.

A guy around here had recently bought a brand new Bandit 95? on tracks. Never saw it but it would be nice to have. It would be really nice if you can get a low profile trailer and just leave it on the trailer to chip into the truck, or remove it and put it where you want it.

He actually just brought it back though with under 100 hrs, the remote control kept malfunctioning, he went through 4.

This is a guy with a mini k-boom log truck too, 4x4, he fits a nice niche doing firewood mostly.

Back