My 346 dissapointment.

Andy, the 372XP is as rock solid as they come. Bailey's has them (with the 75cc jug) for less than $700. If you're going to use it to block firewood then it's an excellent choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This will be a felling saw as well. Most of the tree's I take on (for firewood) are 12"-20". My 046BB is wonderfull for this, but overkill, and thirsty!!! I'd like something lighter, but can't find anything, other than the 7900, worthy of putting the 046 down for. See my conudrum?
I don't have a bad word to say of the 372, but the 7900 weighs about the same, has more power, and I can get one cheaper than the 372!!!

Thats the other part of the conudrum Brian!!
Yes, I have the Freakingstang built woods ported big bore 046. It's NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!! If I can't cut it with that saw and my 32" bar, I DON'T NEED TO!!!

But yes, why do I need another saw that size?

'Cause ya gotta have spares. Atleast that's my excuse, if you're happy with the 46 get another one, then all your parts interchange. You can't go wrong with a 046 imo. How does yours oil?

'Cause ya gotta have spares. Atleast that's my excuse, if you're happy with the 46 get another one, then all your parts interchange. You can't go wrong with a 046 imo. How does yours oil?

Mine oils fine, with the seven pin on the 32", run the 8 pin, and, well, it runs fine but wants to burn up bars!!!!

According to the web-site, they are n/a without E-tech - wtf......:what: :what: :? :X :evil:

All I have seen here so far (just 3), are non-Etech, but the last thing I heard was that the owner of the joint had ordered an E-tech one for himself - I told the tech (my friend) to stop him - we will see....:evil:

I bought a 346XP with a 16" bar last year to replace a tired 238 as my climber. Haven't had the $$ to send it out for any custom work yet. What basic changes are you doing short of pulling it down and port and polishing and changing port timing? It runs and cuts just fine for most all of what I do. I find I'm pulling the heavier 262XP or 268XP up the tree when the wood gets big. Might I get to keep the 346XP up there with custom reworking and a 18" bar? As far as getting the saw worked up, my contract work should be freeing up the $250.00 to 300.00 soon.

Yep. My ehp 346 is 40-50% faster than stock.

I'm interested in the new 346, but also have two 5100's, one done by Ed, and it beat the 346, so I'm set.

Yep. My ehp 346 is 40-50% faster than stock.

I'm interested in the new 346, but also have two 5100's, one done by Ed, and it beat the 346, so I'm set.

:surprise: Eds very first attempt on the new 50cc 346 beat his 5100s, as I read it - and it is a slightly lighter and better handling saw.....:)

Wonder if Rocky has got the saw yet, it was his saw......

I bought a 346XP with a 16" bar last year to replace a tired 238 as my climber. Haven't had the $$ to send it out for any custom work yet. What basic changes are you doing short of pulling it down and port and polishing and changing port timing? It runs and cuts just fine for most all of what I do. I find I'm pulling the heavier 262XP or 268XP up the tree when the wood gets big. Might I get to keep the 346XP up there with custom reworking and a 18" bar? As far as getting the saw worked up, my contract work should be freeing up the $250.00 to 300.00 soon.

Easiest is a muffler mod, a bit hard to do on the Husky saws and make it look good without being/knowing a good welder. Basicly open the exhaust hole to 75-85% of the exhaust port opening, cut the limiters off the carb adjusting screws and re-tune the saw until it "fourstrokes" nicely. You should gain 200-500 RPM and a bit more power pretty easily.
The one that I sold had been torn down twice, ported, timing changed etc.

Back